Can ovulation cause bladder infection

Me and my girlfriend had protected sex last night, she was ovulating according to her in which this morning she says she had bladder infection. She went to doctor on Saturday to have Pap smear nothing was wrong according to her, my question did she possibly have the infection already or did I cause it with protected sex

Ovulation can't cause any kind of infection. Ovulation is the period when an egg is released for fertilization.

Sex, however, whether protected or not, can cause urinary tract infections or at least may be partially responsible. This can happen with the penis repeatedly pounds the area (for want of a better word) and bacteria can slip into the urinary tract.

She may have had the infection already, normally you don't feel the infection for a day or so but it's certainly possible that sex causes it too.