can you have sex with a person that had Hep c after treatment?

The answer depends on a few questions. Did the person with Hepatitis C respond to treatment? If so, have blood test shown that he/she has no viral load (which is a lab test value that indicates the presence of the virus)?
To be safe, use a condom during sex. To be confident, consult the physician who treated the person with Hepatitis C.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

hi i did not use a condom during sex my boyfriend have it but he told me that it is die so is that ture are not

We do not know if your boyfriend is telling you the truth or not, only he does.

If he has been successfully treated then his system may well be cleared of the virus - it's up to you whether to believe him or not. When did he get infected and how long were his treatments and what were they? Make sure you know all about his history so that you are protected. You can take his word for it or you can ask to see test results but ultimately the choice to use condoms or not is yours.

He certainly may be telling the truth - how long have you known him and how long have you been dating - do you know how he got the virus?

i now he for three years he told me that it have been die for three years i did not no that he had it in tell is ex grilfriend told me that she get it from him i in love with him and now that my faimly nose that he had it now the hate him because i have i 5 year old son that i'm raceing on my own i hate my salf for all this.

If he didn't tell you that he had Hep C then it's a poor reflection on his character. And since you are not answering as to the treatments he has had, it sounds like you have no idea if he was treated at all - only what he's telling you. You sound very young but you have a 5 year old child and it's time to be an adult and take control of the situation.

Ask for recent paperwork from his doctor - you don't owe him trust since he was never honest with you in the first place. You owe yourself (and your child) good health so make sure you see his paperwork and it's good idea to get tested too. Please get tested.

i'm 32 years old i take care if my son i'm a good mother i was not race by my mom so i learn on my own and i have grow up a late i get tested i have to want for tow week to get the test back i wish poeple can take life for real and not hate poeple the say the love you and the do not tell you the true.

I'm so glad you are getting tested. Hopefully you are not Hep C+. Try not to stress too much until you get tested although I know that's hard.

I also wish that people would be truthful and not put people in physical harm this way.

Please think carefully about continuing a relationship with this person.

Please let us know how your test goes!

i have been stressing and i no that god is on my side my mom have it to she told me that i have it because i'm always sleeping and i have not eat in 5 days i do not feel like eating because it makes me sick.

Hepatitis Guide