Can you reverse Acanthosis Nigricans?

By Anonymous February 15, 2011 - 4:38pm

I was just diagnosis w/ Acanthosis Nigricans. I have it on my neck. Is there was way to reverse the darkness from my neck. I'm changing my diet and excerise more will this help reduce the darkness on my neck?

Hi ,
I think i have AN too! i have darkened skin round the joints. I also recently got informed that i have high insulin. Could this be AN and how can i change it. I hate myself because of this.

I am sorry to hear about your discoloration. I researched some information for you and according to the Mayo Clinic and although there is no cure, there are some things that you can do to help with the discoloration.
Losing excess pounds if you're overweight
Making dietary changes, such as cutting back on starches and sugars
If you're concerned about the appearance of your skin, your doctor may recommend these treatments:
Prescription creams or lotions to lighten the affected areas, such as those containing modified vitamin A products (Retin-A, others)
Oral medications, such as isotretinoin (Accutane, Sotret)
Fish oil supplements
Dermabrasion or laser therapy, which may help reduce the thickness of certain affected areas
Thick lesions can have a bad odor. Using antibacterial soaps or a topical antibiotic may help.
For more information, please click here http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/acanthosis-nigricans/DS00653/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs.
I hope this helps. Please keep us updated.

I have the same thing Lava Soap or Fast Orange Soap can cure AN well at least the discoloration. My neck was super dark and so was around my mouth. The soap totally cleared up my skin. I even use it on my 13 &11 yrs old kids. I've been to several dermatologist, they did not cure my AN, I found out about this soap on my AN cause your skin to absord grease and oil with causes the skin discoloration the soap rids your skin of the dirt, grease & oil build up! I love this stuff and its cheap you can get it from Wal-Mart. My email is land.flue@yahoo.com

Acanthosis Nigricans

Acanthosis Nigricans Guide