Chances of haveing roseola?

My 21 month old son had roseola on the 7/13.
I stayed home with him the 13th and the 14th.
Since I am HIV+ I became worried about myself getting it.
I checked with my doctor and while he seemed confused by
me saying my son had roseola or baby measles he said based
on my recent lab results i should be fine. I have now developed
a cold and did some more research and I found sites that pointed
to the fact that the viruscould come up with HIV+ adults but

nothing gives me a clear answer. What are my risks? What
should I look for? And are there more complications because
of my status. I am currently on drug therapy and my labs in
June we good.

Hi Amber

Thanks for your question and thank you for looking out for your health (and that of your son) this way.

Roseola, for those readers who may not know, is caused by a type of herpes virus(type 6 or 7), but is not the same as either the mouth or genital area (types 1 or 2). High fever and a red rash are symptoms.

Amber, your child is right in the average age of those who get it . Most people with roseola are between a half a year and three years old. It's actually quite common in kids and is not very contagious.

Is your baby negative for the HIV virus? In that case, he should have recovered by now. Is this the case?

However, even if you are in good health, anyone with a compromised immune system, like yourself, needs to take caution. However, your baby is now several days clear of the virus (is that a correct assumption, based on the dates you have given?) - are you still in good health? No signs of fever or rash? If that's the case and your doctor states you should be safe, then that's probably your best route. However, if you feel differently, or are nervous about your own health, please have a check up, just in case. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Here is a similar story to yours that may help you to know you're not alone in this situation.

Amber has all this information helped you? Can I help you in any other way?