changing mole.

By Anonymous December 21, 2014 - 3:11am

im a 26 year old female. i have had a raised dark brown mole on my forehead since birth. this past summer i went tanning for a few weddings i was in. Ever since then said mole has become bumpy, has become more raised, has grown in diameter, about 7mm. itches and is painful upon applying pressure. I also have two small dime size hard masses one on each side of my lower jaw that have been slowly increasing in size. should i have these checked?

Hello, and thank you for sharing your question with the community.  I'm sorry to hear that you're having these issues.  I'd love to give you some helpful advice on the subject.

Since the changes in your skin was related to tanning, I suggest that you have the areas checked by a dermatologist right away.  When you see such changes are pain, itching, or growth in a mole it can be signs of skin cancer.   However, there are many possible reasons you are seeing changes in your skin.  I do not wish to misdiagnose you.  In conclusion, you need to see a dermatologist as soon as possible!