chronic eosinophilic pneumonitis

I am having a recurrence--- I went through 6 mos. of prednisone the first time and DON"T want to endure that again. Does anyone have experience with this autoimmune disease being controlled in some way other than prednisone?

I'm sorry you're dealing with this condition (again). Steroids are the generally used/preferred treatment for chronic eosinophilic pneumonitis. However, if yours is caused by a fungal infection, you could talk to your doctor about an anti-fungal medication.

Additionally, do you know what is causing your pneumonitis? If it's due to certain syndromes, you could discuss immunotherapy with your doctor.

I do hope someone with experience in this condition and has found a treatment that may suit you better. Keep us posted as to how you are doing and you can read a little more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/eosinophilia

Lung Conditions

Lung Conditions Guide