could i be pregnant?

By August 23, 2012 - 9:38am

so i had unprotected sex aug.18 which was the last day of my period,i also been on BC for 2 months and i was on the "reminder pills" and forgot to start my new pack which means i missed 4 pills. My ovulation days would be aug. 20 -24, those are the days i forgot to take the pill....so could i be pregnant ?

i went to the clinic today and took a test it was negative.....was it to early to test?

Hi sarabear

When you have unprotected sex up to five days before you ovulate, then pregnancy is a risk. You can take a test two weeks after you had unprotected sex to see if you are pregnant or not. A woman has about a 20% chance of pregnancy every time she has unprotected sex. Missing 4 pills in a row can cause ovulation.