Could I be pregnant?

Okay, so. I'm 16 and I'm currently having my period. I have a tampon in. Today I had unprotected sex. He didn't penetrate, but he did come and it got all over my vulva, and some may have went in. I'm on birth control, but I haven't taken it in a few days, because it's my period, and when I do take it, its usually not at exactly the same time each day. I just want to know if I could be pregnant.

Hi Lexi

Thanks for your question.

Your odds of being pregnant are low, and close to none.

You are protected when you're on the Pill - this includes when you're on your period - and with being on your period and wearing a tampon, it's nearly impossible, although obviously we cannot guarantee anything!

Take your pill everyday (as you appear to be doing) and do try to take it around the same time.

As I said, we can't make promises but the odds are definitely in your favor that you'll be fine.

I hope this helps!

Can't Find Something?

ASK Moderation Guidelines