ask: Could I be pregnant? How soon can I find out that I'm pregnant ?

Hi I'm 17, my last period date is 16/12/2012 .and I have been in a intercourse on the 12/01/2013, we did not use protection and he took it out before he came and ejaculated on my stomach. Today is the 16/01/2013, and i havent gotten my periods . and I am wondering if I will turn out pregnant , and I do know that even if he doesn't ejaculate on me , he's precome can still contain sperm. I really need help and when can I find out that I am pregnant like how soon can I do a blood test or a home test?

Anonymous

Thank you . I have gotten my periods today and I heard that you can still be pregnant even though you have your periods . Do I still need to take a test ?

Anonymous

But it has only been 4 days ?? How accurate can it be

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I'm sorry - you're right. Here in the States, it's month/day/year not day/month/year when it comes to dates and I mistook 1/12 for December 1st instead of January 12th! 

So you will need to wait an additional 10 days before a pregnancy test will be accurate. Pregnancy tests are generally accurate 14 days after sex.

You can take a test any time now and the results should be accurate.

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: