Could I have rosatia?

I have redness on my nose, my cheeks and my chin. Could I have rosatia?

Hi Kelly

Thanks for this question! 

You certainly could have rosacea but you will need to see a dermatologist for a diagnosis for proper treatment. 

Rosacea is a skin disorder that causes chronic redness of the face. It can cause swelling, tiny pimples, and the appearance of broken blood vessels. Rosacea usually affects the cheeks, forehead, chin, and nose, but the ears, chest, and back may also be affected. More than half of people with rosacea also have mild eye symptoms, including redness, burning, and watering.

So you fit the criteria for this condition. 

There are some very successful treatments for roseacea, including medications:

• Metronidazole (MetroGel, MetroCream, MetroLotion)
  • Clindamycin (Cleocin, Clindagel)
  • Clindamycin and Benzoyl Peroxide (BenzaClin, Duac)
  • Sulfur and Sodium Sulfacetamide (Plexion, Plexion TS, Plexion Sct, Sulfacet-R, Zetacet, Nicosyn, AVAR Cleanser, Rosula, Rosanil, Rosac Cream w/Sunscreens, Clenia, AVAR-e, AVAR-e Green, AVAR Gel, AVAR Green)

Place a call to your dermatologist - I think you will be glad you did! Even if you don't have roseacea, your dermatologist may have solutions for you! 

Read more here: