Cramping, no period, still a virgin.

I have been having cramping for about a week and a half before my period was supposed to be here. (And my breasts were really sore.) It still is not here and I am still having pains. The last period I had was so bad that I had to be on a sleeping pill for two days straight. The cramps were so terrible. So I have been stressing out about getting it again, seeing as I did not want to have to have another experience like it. And I have been stressing out about a couple other things too, but I don't know if that is exactly what could be causing this. I am still a virgin. But I do masturbate, so I hope that that is not making some sort of hormonal imbalance.. I don't want to have to see a doctor, and I don't want anyone to examine me. Please help me I am 16 and have no one to talk to.

Hi TeenSafeor health issues with masturbation, it's perfectly natural/normal.

It sounds like you have PMS. You should not be taking sleeping pills to help with this - rather an over-the-counter medication like Midol which can help with bloating and pain. Exercise and a healthy diet will also help. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you were "on a sleeping pill for two days straight."

Check out our PMS treatment section here for great tips about how to cope and advice about stress related PMS.