Q: 

Delayed 2nd period after taking the Morning After Pill?? (Plan B)

In freak out mode at the moment..which of course doesnt help the situation!!!
Is it common for your 2nd period to be delayed after take the MAP?? Or could I be in fact pregnant.... stupid I know but Im too scared to take a test. I'm currently 4 days late for my 2nd period. Ok a little background:

My cycle length is 31 days (consistent for the past 4 or 5 months prior to this)
CD 1 - (Nov 6 - 10th) - normal period
CD 8 - unprotected sex (ejaculate inside)

CD 10 - unprotected sex (no ejaculation inside - entered for about a minute or 2) - Long story but its this encounter that Im worried about!
CD 11 - Took Plan B...pretty much 24hrs on the dot!
CD 15 - Started spotting (very light, usually only when I wiped - this continued on for 10days). Felt nauesous pretty much this whole time.
CD 19 - Pregnancy Test - negative (obviously too early to tell. Only 9 -11 days after)
CD 26 - no spotting
CD 27 - no spotting
CD 28 - 1st day of heavy flow (so by usual cycle I was 3 days early)
CD 29 - Heavy Flow
CD 30 - Medium
CD 31 - Light
CD 32 - Light

From memory my period was relatively the same as usual, maybe not as painful, but so obviously then I thought I was in the clear!!

I am now currently waiting for my 2nd period to arrive. Its now CD35 which technically makes me 4 days late. I have had sore boobs for the past 3 days but dont really feel like my period is coming...maybe a few cramps here and there.
I have started to feel nauesous today, but that could be from anxiety!!

I know simple answer...go take a pregnancy test!!! So stupid but Im too scared. So do you think its possible I could be pregnant or is common for your 2nd period to be delayed after MAP? Thanks for any advice.

Anonymous

Hello!
I had unprotected sex last month and I took ipill and got my periods 1 day late. My due date is 15th and I again had an encounter on 8th and took pills on 9th, its 16th and I'm worried.. what should I do?

There is nothing to do, just hang tight and wait for your period. Overuse of emergency birth control can cause delays.

Hey Susan. I took a Plan B pill(unwanted72) on the 1st of April. I got my period on the 10th of April which was two days before I was due. It's been a month now and I had safe sex using a condom on the 28th of may. I am due for my periods on the 8-10th of may. It's already the 10th and I am having sore breasts, white to clear watery discharge and some lower abdominal cramps. Is this normal? Do I have a chance of being pregnant?

Hello Anon

If you are using condoms then your risk is less than 2%. Your period isn't really late, give yourself a few more days.

Thankyou for your reply Susan.
However, I was still wondering that if I had only used the emergency contraceptive pill(Unwanted72) once in my entire life I.e. the 1st of April,2017. Is it still possible for it to delay my second period? Thanks.

Hello Anon

Yes, this is possible even if you have only taken it once. You are only on your second cycle since you took it. In fact, women who take it more often (which they shouldn't) sometimes get different side effects or none or lots. The body doesn't alway react the same way.

I suspect it's on it's way.

Thankyou for your reply,Susan. I was wondering if you have taken the emergency contraceptive only once ever in your life(April 1st for me) is there still a chance for it to mess up your second period cycle?

Anonymous

After I took Plan B One Step, I had a very weird, light period a week before my period was due and I just figured that happened because of the pill. Fast forward to when my second period should have started, nothing.. I had no signs of PMS so I started to get concerned. Two weeks later I finally started my period (6 weeks after weird bleeding from the pill) .. So if your second period is late, don't stress out about it, it might delay it more. Just be patient, it will come. Hopefully not two weeks late like mine. Talk about a long two weeks.

Anonymous

Hi! I and my bf had unprotected sex on 23 of march but he did not eject in.
Just to be safe, I took postinor 2 within 24 hours. My period is supposed to be from 1 week later after I took the pil, but now its already the second week, still I have not period yet.
I dare not to get pregnancy test but I'm very sure that I'm not pregnant.
May I ask is there any other effect beside pregnant?
Please help me!! Thanks alotttt!!!

Your dates are off (March 23) - periods can be delayed for several weeks after taking P2. If that doesn't happen take a test but your risk is very low.