Q: 

Delayed 2nd period after taking the Morning After Pill?? (Plan B)

In freak out mode at the moment..which of course doesnt help the situation!!!
Is it common for your 2nd period to be delayed after take the MAP?? Or could I be in fact pregnant.... stupid I know but Im too scared to take a test. I'm currently 4 days late for my 2nd period. Ok a little background:

My cycle length is 31 days (consistent for the past 4 or 5 months prior to this)
CD 1 - (Nov 6 - 10th) - normal period
CD 8 - unprotected sex (ejaculate inside)

CD 10 - unprotected sex (no ejaculation inside - entered for about a minute or 2) - Long story but its this encounter that Im worried about!
CD 11 - Took Plan B...pretty much 24hrs on the dot!
CD 15 - Started spotting (very light, usually only when I wiped - this continued on for 10days). Felt nauesous pretty much this whole time.
CD 19 - Pregnancy Test - negative (obviously too early to tell. Only 9 -11 days after)
CD 26 - no spotting
CD 27 - no spotting
CD 28 - 1st day of heavy flow (so by usual cycle I was 3 days early)
CD 29 - Heavy Flow
CD 30 - Medium
CD 31 - Light
CD 32 - Light

From memory my period was relatively the same as usual, maybe not as painful, but so obviously then I thought I was in the clear!!

I am now currently waiting for my 2nd period to arrive. Its now CD35 which technically makes me 4 days late. I have had sore boobs for the past 3 days but dont really feel like my period is coming...maybe a few cramps here and there.
I have started to feel nauesous today, but that could be from anxiety!!

I know simple answer...go take a pregnancy test!!! So stupid but Im too scared. So do you think its possible I could be pregnant or is common for your 2nd period to be delayed after MAP? Thanks for any advice.

Anonymous

Hi i took plan b Sept 17th ovulating day I think cause I had EWCM and had my period Oct 3 right on time and now I'm waiting for my 2nd cycle and my cycle is 31 days and now I'm on 36 days with light sticky brown blood idk what to think but I guess I gotta wait for it to come

Anonymous

Okay so I just posted a bit ago, here’s MY follow up. I posted about my second period being late after my boyfriend and my condom broke so spooky stuff. This would be 10 Days late but I FINALLY got it this afternoon. Plan b really does mess up your cycle, first period I was a full 2 week late, now I’m 10 Days late. But all in all, I’m glad this resource is out there and I am BEYOND glad that it worked for me. And for the record, I had cramping and sore nips and bloating for weeks so I was really scared but don’t worry, those hormones can mess with you beyond belief. Hope this helps someone!

Anonymous

I'm scared out of my lungs. I had unprotected sex on September 2 and took a plan b on the 3rd. I saw my period on the 19th of September (1 week before the due date). It last for the usual 5 days and went away. Now it's the last day of the month of October and I'm still waiting for my next flow. Taken a test twice and it's shown negative. I had sex again between October 10 and 22nd but it's been protected. What do I do please?

Hello Anon

There is nothing you can do, other than to wait for your period. It's common for it to be delayed after the bleed post Plan B. Since your tests are negative, there is little risk. If you don't get your period within a week, retest.

Anonymous

Hi, I had sex with my bf on August 17th and our condom broke. I took “Take Action” 2 hours later. I had finished my period the day before and he didn’t ejaculate in me so it was just a safety measure even though I wasn’t ovulating. I bled for a couple days, maybe 4, 5 days after taking the pill and then my period came 2 weeks late on September 21st. Now, I’m 8 Days late for my second period. I have had sex but I check every time if there are holes afterwards and before and nothing. So now I have cramps, breast sensitivity, and bloating but all negative tests. If anyone can shed some light, I’d appreciate it because I’m stressed; I have exams all week and a late period on top of that so I know that can affect it but I’m freaking out.

Anonymous

I had intercourse and had ipill but got my periods like for 2 days but again had intercourse and got periods but now its delayed tests are all negative i have done several times what could be the reason? I have taken pcod medicine as well before for a year!

Hello Anon

If your tests are negative, you must be delayed due to having polycystic ovaries. This is quite common.

I took a plan b after unprotected sex on Aug 27. No ejaculation , 2-3 days before ovulation. I have missed my period for the whole month on September and currently waiting on my October period which should come in a few days. I have recently been spotting I have also taken multiple pregnancy tests all negative. I haven't had many pregnancy symptoms... what do y'all think?

HERWriter Guide (reply to bbenavidez12)

Hello bbenavidez12

Since your tests are all negative it's very likely your period is on it's way. Plan B can be quite disruptive to the menstrual cycle, likely causing this delay.

Anonymous

Hi
I took the morning after pill on the 2nd of July
After a week I spotted red blood which only lasted after I had wiped. I have gained weight rapidly and my stomach feels so big just after a week of taking the pill and usually I lose weight when I am stress but since I have also been going through so much at home am still gaining weight and my period is late until now. Iv been feeling extreme fatigue but now they have decreased! I kept having hope that my period will come but tomorrow I am going to see a doctor!