Q: 

Delayed 2nd period after taking the Morning After Pill?? (Plan B)

In freak out mode at the moment..which of course doesnt help the situation!!!
Is it common for your 2nd period to be delayed after take the MAP?? Or could I be in fact pregnant.... stupid I know but Im too scared to take a test. I'm currently 4 days late for my 2nd period. Ok a little background:

My cycle length is 31 days (consistent for the past 4 or 5 months prior to this)
CD 1 - (Nov 6 - 10th) - normal period
CD 8 - unprotected sex (ejaculate inside)

CD 10 - unprotected sex (no ejaculation inside - entered for about a minute or 2) - Long story but its this encounter that Im worried about!
CD 11 - Took Plan B...pretty much 24hrs on the dot!
CD 15 - Started spotting (very light, usually only when I wiped - this continued on for 10days). Felt nauesous pretty much this whole time.
CD 19 - Pregnancy Test - negative (obviously too early to tell. Only 9 -11 days after)
CD 26 - no spotting
CD 27 - no spotting
CD 28 - 1st day of heavy flow (so by usual cycle I was 3 days early)
CD 29 - Heavy Flow
CD 30 - Medium
CD 31 - Light
CD 32 - Light

From memory my period was relatively the same as usual, maybe not as painful, but so obviously then I thought I was in the clear!!

I am now currently waiting for my 2nd period to arrive. Its now CD35 which technically makes me 4 days late. I have had sore boobs for the past 3 days but dont really feel like my period is coming...maybe a few cramps here and there.
I have started to feel nauesous today, but that could be from anxiety!!

I know simple answer...go take a pregnancy test!!! So stupid but Im too scared. So do you think its possible I could be pregnant or is common for your 2nd period to be delayed after MAP? Thanks for any advice.

Anonymous

Took plan b pill on April 24 got period on April 30 to may 3rd and I haven't get my period ever since can I be pregnant or it just cause of the pill

Anonymous

Hi ! I took ipill after my last cycle is about to start i.e. just one day after it because periods have not yet been occurred. The periods came on the eight day. I am waiting for my second periodnd its been over a week and i have sour breast and pain but nothing such happen. I am a pcod person but having my periods normal for past one year. Shall i wait further ?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Did you take the ipill because your period was late?

The pill can cause your next period to start earlier or later than expected.

If you miss a period this month, please call your gynecologist.

I am not sure why you took the pill and you may have upset your hormones.

Anonymous

Delayed 2nd period which was suppose to be due on the 3rd of July 2017 which is yesterday but feeling bloated and full...took no tests yet,is this normal or could I be pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It is time to take a pregnancy test. For the most accurate result, test in the morning and use the first urine of the day.

Anonymous

Hello!
I had unprotected sex last month and I took ipill and got my periods 1 day late. My due date is 15th and I again had an encounter on 8th and took pills on 9th, its 16th and I'm worried.. what should I do?

There is nothing to do, just hang tight and wait for your period. Overuse of emergency birth control can cause delays.

Hey Susan. I took a Plan B pill(unwanted72) on the 1st of April. I got my period on the 10th of April which was two days before I was due. It's been a month now and I had safe sex using a condom on the 28th of may. I am due for my periods on the 8-10th of may. It's already the 10th and I am having sore breasts, white to clear watery discharge and some lower abdominal cramps. Is this normal? Do I have a chance of being pregnant?

Hello Anon

If you are using condoms then your risk is less than 2%. Your period isn't really late, give yourself a few more days.

Thankyou for your reply Susan.
However, I was still wondering that if I had only used the emergency contraceptive pill(Unwanted72) once in my entire life I.e. the 1st of April,2017. Is it still possible for it to delay my second period? Thanks.