Q: 

Delayed 2nd period after taking the Morning After Pill?? (Plan B)

In freak out mode at the moment..which of course doesnt help the situation!!!
Is it common for your 2nd period to be delayed after take the MAP?? Or could I be in fact pregnant.... stupid I know but Im too scared to take a test. I'm currently 4 days late for my 2nd period. Ok a little background:

My cycle length is 31 days (consistent for the past 4 or 5 months prior to this)
CD 1 - (Nov 6 - 10th) - normal period
CD 8 - unprotected sex (ejaculate inside)

CD 10 - unprotected sex (no ejaculation inside - entered for about a minute or 2) - Long story but its this encounter that Im worried about!
CD 11 - Took Plan B...pretty much 24hrs on the dot!
CD 15 - Started spotting (very light, usually only when I wiped - this continued on for 10days). Felt nauesous pretty much this whole time.
CD 19 - Pregnancy Test - negative (obviously too early to tell. Only 9 -11 days after)
CD 26 - no spotting
CD 27 - no spotting
CD 28 - 1st day of heavy flow (so by usual cycle I was 3 days early)
CD 29 - Heavy Flow
CD 30 - Medium
CD 31 - Light
CD 32 - Light

From memory my period was relatively the same as usual, maybe not as painful, but so obviously then I thought I was in the clear!!

I am now currently waiting for my 2nd period to arrive. Its now CD35 which technically makes me 4 days late. I have had sore boobs for the past 3 days but dont really feel like my period is coming...maybe a few cramps here and there.
I have started to feel nauesous today, but that could be from anxiety!!

I know simple answer...go take a pregnancy test!!! So stupid but Im too scared. So do you think its possible I could be pregnant or is common for your 2nd period to be delayed after MAP? Thanks for any advice.

Anonymous

Hi
I took the morning after pill on the 2nd of July
After a week I spotted red blood which only lasted after I had wiped. I have gained weight rapidly and my stomach feels so big just after a week of taking the pill and usually I lose weight when I am stress but since I have also been going through so much at home am still gaining weight and my period is late until now. Iv been feeling extreme fatigue but now they have decreased! I kept having hope that my period will come but tomorrow I am going to see a doctor!

Anonymous

I need help in july 12 i got period for that day only again that month 21st i got period last for 6days again on aug 1st i got period for 1 day only after that no period till date my normal periods date is 21st. But 20th i had ipill whether i am pregnant

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you have been bleeding you are not pregnant.

This is an unusual presentation of your periods and I suggest you speak with your gynecologist.

Regards,

I took the plan b pill on june 10 after unprotected sex. My period has been delayed to this day (july 21st). I have spotted but nothing more. My period is due 25th and im afraid i wont get it this month. If i don't should i take a preg test or should i wait more?

Guide (reply to Fabjan)

Hello Fabjan,

Plan B can cause a delay. If you do not have any bleeding within three weeks of taking it, then test and for the most accurate result, test in the morning.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I saw the bleeding after 3days of taking the plan b and there is delay in the second period

Hi.. can i take bc pills to regulate my period? I took postinor 2 and got my period.. 3 days spotting..4th day medium flow..5th day heavy flow..6th day medium flow.. expecting my period this aug.10..it didnt come.. i done pregnancy test aug.14 its negative.. until now i havent got my period..am i pregnant or no?

August 18, 2

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Anonymous

Postinor 2 is an emergency contraceptive and not birth control. It will not help regulate your period.

The spotting and bleeding are proof that you are not pregnant.

Regards,

Hi Maryann,

I am 8 days late. In July I took plan b 2 times, my cycle came a day early in aug and was normal.
I had unprotected intercourse on aug 16 and most likely ovulating a few days after that. No emergency contraceptive was taken. I've taken 3 pregnancy tests, all negative. Could the pills from July be the cause of this delayed period? Could I still be pregnant with negative tests?

Than you!!!!!