delayed in period after postinor 2

By Anonymous April 17, 2013 - 5:32am

Hi I had sex with my bf 4 or 5 days after my period (24th march) we use a condom but I took postinor 2 incase of pre-cum which I think I got on my vagina. I took the first pill a few minutes after an the second pill 12 hours after that. After a week I had breakthrough bleeding felt like a period but not too heavy it last 5 days I took a pregnancy test 2 days after the bleeding it came out negative but I been feeling real sick getting period pains feeling tired, dizzy, upset,have cravings for unhealthy food,belly looks bigger an my period was due on the (15th april) but not here yet. Am I pregnant? How long do period get delayed? Because I am getting the period pain but nothing please help I am stressing

Hi again Anon!

I answered your question as best I could. No-one can give you a definitive answer about pregnancy over the internet - only let you know about the risks etc.

I know you want to know for sure but we can't say that. Taking an early pregnancy test after 12 days should be accurate - most are, at that stage. 

We cannot tell you if you are pregnant or not but we can tell you that emergency birth control pills can and often do affect your next period because you are taking a strong amount of hormones in just one or two pills.

Your symptoms may also be from stress and worry about pregnancy - this is pretty common. Stress does powerful things to the body.

The best you can do is take a pregnancy test 14 days after you had unprotected sex (and you really didn't have unprotected sex) and a test at this time will be accurate.

Bear in mind that your risk is extremely low.

Thnx Susan by the info I give do u think I might be pregnant seeing how I took the pregnancy test 12 days after sex instead of 14 an was nevative??? ɑnd seeing how I had the breakthrough bleeding 2 weeks before expected date well my period be delayed tell the day I got the breakthrough bleed? (My periods irregular don't always get them on time)

Ok thnx a lot tho :)