delayed periods....why is it

By January 15, 2010 - 10:52am

I am 23 I had my periods last month dec 15th on dec 21,22,23 & jan 4, 5, 12 I was wid my boyfriend
. but we had only oral sex.except for 12th wen we used a condom which did not break or have any leakage. that i was perfectly sure. now its 15th my periods usually comes 2days early .. it must have come on 13th..I took a hpt test on 14th which came negative.. why are my periods delayed.. my bf also fingered me on 4,5 which caused a pain and burning sensation but was gone 10 minutes after.. I am having a lot of bloating,nausea, frequent urination, less vaginal dischare... I am not able to decide what is causing my periods to delay.. can it be pregnancy , if not did anyone have such a problem before...plz reply its urgent..

thanks it was really useful........ but now its more than 72 hrs.. I had a lot of problems last yr wen I took plan b .I caused me gastritis due to hormonal imbalance.. till remember the semen must not have touched the vagina but it was on the underwear and sides of my thigh so I took a bath to cleance all semen near vagina wid soap.. can the sperm be alive on the soap while bathing and then move on ...is it possible..sorry for worrying u a lot ..I ll take care from next time...I was also wearing a thin pant over my panty ..the semen was on the pant and I felt the panty was wet ....so can sperm pass through the cloth and get me pregnant .. I ve read on net its not possible .. but some sites say it is possible...I am not able to decide .......

Plan B can change your periods; in fact, it is one of the most common side effects. But usually what it means is that you get a period shortly after taking Plan B and then the following month, you are most likely back to normal.

Don't be scared. It is very rare to get pregnant while on your period, and if you were wearing a panty and a pad, most likely no semen would have entered your vagina. But if you think it's at all possible, the Plan B pill will help.

Taking Plan B won't increase your chances of an ectopic pregnancy. An ectopic pregnancy is when the fertilized egg implants in the Fallopian tube on the way to the uterus. What you may have heard is that if a woman DOES become pregnant after taking Plan B, it may be because she had an ectopic pregnancy to begin with.

Does that help at all?

ya i am monogamous.I ment i dint intend meet him. but plan B will mess wid my periods and some say there r chances of ectopic pregnancy after taking d pill. what should I do

Dear hubs

I figured you'd get it!

But absolutely take Plan B. While it's not common to ovulate so early into one's cycle, it can happen. Seeing ejaculate on that part of your underwear can cause pregnancy.

By using Plan B as soon as possible (within 24 hours is best but up to 72 hours is ok although if you're already pregnant, you'll stay pregnant) you'll lower your risk quite significantly.

Also, think about another method of birth control in addition to using condoms. The birth control pill might be a good idea for you, if you're not a smoker.

Are you monogamous with your boyfriend? I'm a little concerned that you said you "accidentally met your boyfriend and you went off somewhere for sex" - I may be reading into that incorrectly but if you (or he) are not strictly monogamous always use condoms, no matter what other methods of protection you use.

Does this information help you?

thank u . I got my periods on 15th night. today accidently i met my boy frd we were together his condom broke on my panty I was wearing my pad too soon after which wid in 20 mins I went to the bath room and took bath . I did notice after the breakage there was a lot of seman. can that get me pregnant. should I take the morning after pill
I ve read that consumption is possible even on 4th day of periods. my bleeding did stop from today morning, suggest wat should I do take d pill tomorrow or wait,am scared

Dear hubs

Your period is only two days late (three days late today if you haven't gotten it) so it's not really a cause of concern yet, especially if you are experiencing bloating and other symptoms of PMS, then your period is on it's way. Even women with very regular periods can have a month out of the blue where they are a few days off, especially if not on birth control.

If you are absolutely sure the condom didn't leak and your pregnancy test was taken correctly (with a negative result) then your period is more than likely on it's way.

Our bodies don't run like clockwork - our various systems (including and especially our reproductive systems) have their delays and irregularities just like anything in life and shouldn't be something to worry about.

If you don't get your period in the next few days, retest for pregnancy but I think your period is on her way. Let us know either way, ok?