By Anonymous November 13, 2013 - 4:34am

My mum could not deliver her three children through a normal deliverly the doctor said that her canal was small so she had to go through Cesarian section for the three of us we all weighed less than 4kg. When my sister was due she had prolonged labour and could not go through a normal delivery the doctors said that her canal was small so she also had to go through a Cesarian section her baby was 4kg . My question is is this a hereditary condition and will i also have to go through a Cesarian section? or is it just a coincidence that my mum and sister have a small pelvic space?

Welcome to EmpowHER and thanks for your question. If your mom and sister had the same problem while delivery, it might be hereditary.  But, it does not mean you too will have the same problem. You will need to discuss this with your OBGYN. Hope this was helpful?

Labor & Delivery

Labor & Delivery Guide