Do I have a vaginal infection?

By Anonymous January 19, 2016 - 6:55am

After my period, my vagina got really itchy. I wasnt sure if it was the different pads I used or an infection. I ate basil because I read that it can help the itching/infection and the next day my discharge was white, odourless and solidy/crusty. The following day it was red/brown and solidy but I already had my period a week ago. I thought it was my body flushing out the infection but I can't be sure as Im no doctor. Its still itchy but helps if I run cold water over it.

You may have a yeast infection - women are more prone to them around the time of their periods although it's hard to tell during a period.

If you have had yeast infections before, it's generally considered ok to go ahead and treat yourself with an over-the-counter medication - check your drug store for the varieties available. I believe the three day versions are better than the one day ones.

If not, then talk to your doctor.

Yeast Infection

Yeast Infection Guide