Does anyone have Pityriasis Rosea and Type 2 Diabetes? Has the PR changed your blood sugar level?

By April 2, 2015 - 10:11am

I have now had Pityriasis Rosea (PR) for about 10 weeks now. I believe that it is almost over. It has been the worse 10 weeks ever!!! I also have Diabetes, Type 2. I just went to the doctor and my A1C was 9.4, and I had a nonfasting blood sugar of 215 and lots of sugar in my urinalysis. All of my rest results were much higher than 3 months ago. My doctor says that PR would not change my blood sugars. Has anyone else experienced any blood sugar changes.

Hi redhead

My own research shows the same results as your doctor - there is no connection. It may be just a coincidence - people with one condition can have many others. 

But I do hope - if there is a link - that our readers reach out to you and can give you the benefit of their experiences. 

Pityriasis Rosea