Does pityriasis rosea affect a prengnancy?

By July 3, 2013 - 5:22am

I was told I have pityriasis rosea i am about 5/6 weeks pregnant and I am having alot of symtoms not mentioned on any website or in any readings I have done on this . It is burning alot and i can bearly move around it is everywhere except my face and on my legs from the knee down . I have it for about two weeks now and it just keeps getting worst the burning and itching . Is it maybe something else or is it normal for it to burn this much? I also have noticed when i wear clothes it worries me more .

Hi Jody_J

Thanks for your post and congratulations on your pregnancy! Pityriasis Rosea is a painful virus that causes skin rashes. This virus should clear your system within a few weeks but I know that it's pretty miserable.

Nobody knows what causes it, exactly, but it may be connected to the overall herpes virus that includes shingles.

It should not affect your pregnancy. You can read more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/pityriasis-rosea

Pityriasis Rosea