Dr. Klein: Is there such a thing as a "g-spot?"

By Anonymous November 10, 2011 - 10:21am

I was going through your videos. You say the main sexual organ for women is the clitoris not the vagina. If that's true, which I believe is, then is there such a thing as a "g-spot" inside the vagina? I want to know more about my body, I want know how to be able to orgasm almost every time I have intercourse with my boyfriend. I think there is an intimate part when you simultaneously climax. That way it feels good for me and my partner, not just one or the other. Should I be looking to stimulate my clitoris during sex or should he be looking for the "g-spot?"

Hi cmadonia

Thanks for your post; your question has been submitted to Dr. Klein. Please check back in the next few days for an answer.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Susan Cody)

Hi again

Dr Klein's response:

* The clitoris is the main sexual organ for most women, not all.
* Yes, there's a G-spot on the inside roof of the vagina, about 1 or 2inches in. However, many women don't feel anything special when this area is stimulated. Others do.
* Most women don't orgasm through intercourse alone without clitoral stimulation. If you do, that's great. But don't pressure yourself to havean orgasm every single time--that pressure can undermine pleasure and intimacy.
* I think that simultaneous climax is lovely when it happens, but as a goal it can make sex mechanical and more like a technically-orientedOlympic event rather than a relaxed vacation from the cares of the day.For many couples it is not the most "intimate" sexual experience; every couple has to discover this for themselves. For example, many people find it difficult to focus on their partner while they're climaxing.
* I don't think you "should" do anything. If you and your partner want to explore your bodies, that's great. Just don't pressure yourselves to have the greatest sex in the history of the world, or to be the "best" lovers you can be. Sex is for relaxation and closeness, not for accomplishments."