Q: 

Early pregnancy or ovarian cyst??

By Anonymous March 31, 2010 - 7:44am

What does it mean if your ovaries hurt?

I stopped taking bcp three months ago and for the past 4-5 weeks have been having the following symptoms: breast enlargement/fullness, breast/nipple tenderness, increased discharge, flushed face, increased appetite, light occasional menstrual-like cramping (no bleeding), one-sided (right) occasional sharp twinges/pain & dull ache, bloating, slight weight gain.
I have taken two home-preg test, both with neg results. Approx six weeks ago, prior to all of these symptoms, I had one isolated instance of pinkish discharge (which may have been due to ovulation?). I am currently waiting it out for a few weeks until I go for a blood test at dr office. In the meantime, not knowing is driving me crazy!

Anonymous

Hi I'm 31 and have been experiencing very sore tinder breasts for 3 weeks figured it was pms which normally causes my breasts to ache a good 1 to 2 weeks before. For the last week and half have been experiencing slight cramps and some nausea on and off but still no bleeding. I am about 5 weeks into my cycle and have been feeling like my period should be starting for at least a week my periods are irregular but I took home pregnancy test Monday night and it was negative. Not sure if I should take another or if something else is going on.

Anonymous

Hi I had my period in the last week of march it is now the end of May and I still haven't got it I took pregnancy test but they are all negative another thing is one day I had very bad cramps but only in my ovaries I felt like if they were swollen But the next day it was like nothing help please

Anonymous

My period in April was on for 9 days and followed by pain in my abd that radiated to my lower back So I was seen in the ER and was dx with ovarian cyst so I scheduled a appt with my - gyn & had my mirena iud removed on 4/28 due to the discomfort and had some light bleeding three days later could that have been my cyst rupturing ? Now I've been having symptoms of lower abd cramps, fuller breast and nausea I even had to sit down while grocery shopping because i felt extreamly dizzy I haven't felt like this since I was pregnant with my daughter . I have a follow up pelvic ultrasound next week to monitor the cyst I was dx with. Should i wait and test ? Or if I'm pregnant will it show on the ultra sound? Or could this all be more cyst?

Hello Anon

This bleeding could have been withdrawal bleeding from getting the Mirena out or it could have been the cyst rupturing but usually a woman would know it, it's often terribly painful.

If you haven't had a period since, you can test now. If it's negative, you might want to hold off on having unprotected sex until you get your cyst issues sorted out.

Anonymous

I started my menstrual cycle on April 5th. Its now May 8. Friday I had a spot of light pink creamy discharge but then nothing after me and my bf had sex Sunday and right after I peed and light pink spotting happen then nothing right after. I been getting headaches,legs and hips hurting, cramping and back pain and now pink/brown discharge when I wipe. I took a pregnancy test came back negative Can someone help me out

Hello Anon

Your hormones may be imbalanced causing spotting and cramping. See your doctor about this and also ask for a blood pregnancy test to rule pregnancy out.

Anonymous

Hi i have 4 kids so i should know if im pregnant or not lol but my periods arnt regular at all.i went to the doctor on march 1st they did all test possible and they came out negative...i also started bleeding march 1st till about the 5th...today is apirl 22nd and for about a month now i have had pain going back and forth between ovaries,cramping,boobs hurt,discharge,nauseated,and now last 2 days constipated.i go from being starving to not really hungry...could i be pregnant

Hello Anon
I assume you are having unprotected sex; if you are late you need to take a test.

Anonymous

Hi... I'm 25 years old... I had my first child at age 18.. at 6 weeks after giving birth I starred to take the contraceptive injection which I took for approximately 2 years... and then I stopped my daughter is 6 years old now... so my boyfriend and I decided that we can try for another child... while I was taking the injection I didn't have any "mens" for the whole two years and after stopping I had irregular periods... my boyfriend and I have been trying from last year December to get pregnant and I felt hopeless... well my last period came on February 22 and lasted 6 days I have a period tracker that I downloaded on my phone which told me that I would be ovulating on April 11 and I had unprotected sex on the 9... on the day of ovulation I started to feel some period like cramps and my tummy felt like something was scraping on the walls I had a tiny amount of pinkish discharge which never continued..the cramps lasted for 2 days.. but now I'm bloated constipated loss of appetite my breasts have a pulling feeling inside and I can't sleep... the tracker says my period is due on the 25 of April could it be I'm pregnant? Help!!

Hello

A healthy couple under 35 should be successful in pregnancy within one year. One try can work for one child and another child can take many months to conceive.

Pregnancy is possible if you are having unprotected sex so if you don't get your period when expected, take a test.

Amenorrhea

Amenorrhea Guide