Early pregnancy or ovarian cyst??

By Anonymous March 31, 2010 - 7:44am

What does it mean if your ovaries hurt?

I stopped taking bcp three months ago and for the past 4-5 weeks have been having the following symptoms: breast enlargement/fullness, breast/nipple tenderness, increased discharge, flushed face, increased appetite, light occasional menstrual-like cramping (no bleeding), one-sided (right) occasional sharp twinges/pain & dull ache, bloating, slight weight gain.
I have taken two home-preg test, both with neg results. Approx six weeks ago, prior to all of these symptoms, I had one isolated instance of pinkish discharge (which may have been due to ovulation?). I am currently waiting it out for a few weeks until I go for a blood test at dr office. In the meantime, not knowing is driving me crazy!

Anonymous

I've been off BC for bout 5-6 months now and I have A ovarian cyst on my right ovary had pain but period where regular. I'm going on 3 days late of my period this month with no pain from my cyst no period symptoms except fatigue. I haven't took a pregnancy test yet. I have a watery white discharge with no smell. No real pregnancy symptoms not even increased appetite just yet. Idk if I'm pregnant or not. I mean could I be? Should I really take a test? Couldn't it just be my period a Lil off this month for whatever reason??

I assume you are having unprotected sex? If so, it's worth taking a test to know where you stand; one would be accurate by now.

If you are not pregnant, it's likely your hormones are causing this delay.

Anonymous

I have a history of one ruptured ovarian cyst back in 8/2016. I had slight nausea, sharp pain on the left side and I had a very faint positive but the very next test was negative. Blood test was negative for pregnancy and ultrasound just showed fluid from the ruptured cyst. October 16 was my last period, I had unprotected sex 3 of the 5 days I was ovulating. I've had three very positive tests that are very dark and pop up immediately. Ive had milky white discharge, nausea and vomiting, heightened smell, and food aversions. A friend said it could be another cyst however I don't have the same presentation as I did before. Just wondering what you thought????

Anonymous

I've had ovarian cysts in the past and I thought I felt one coming on recently. But now I am 3 days late on my period and have been on birth control. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative but I took it right after drinking a bunch of water which I was later told not to do so I'm going to take another one in the morning. However I am experiencing nipple sensitivity and pain, I'm very bloated and have gas, have headaches, low back pain, been hungry more often, use bathroom more frequently, im tired and I get dizzy if I stand up quickly. Is this just a cyst or am I pregnant? I have a doctors apt Monday.

If you test is negative it's likely not pregnancy. We cannot say if it's a cyst but a scan at your doctor's office on Monday should let you know. Makes sure you take another test before Monday before any xrays are taken.

THank you I'm going to take one on the morning. Usually when I've had a cyst before it's pain on just whatever side I have it but I have been having pain all in my uterus and I haven't bled much at all and it's kinda brownish almost like I'm just getting off my period. Are these things normal with cysts as well or could it be a different sign of pregnancy?

Anonymous

Hey ladies! I'm conflicted about what these symptoms could mean, At the half way point between ovulation and my period I noticed some light blood on some tp one time then the day after my period was due (10/1/16) I started to feel a cramp almost a sharp pain on the lower left side of my abdomen maybe my ovary? I am now 3 days late I took a pt this morning but it came back negative should I try again in a few days if I still don't get my af or should I go ahead and see an obgyn because of the pain? Me and my bf have been trying for a few months but I am beginning to worry that I can't have children because I had severe side effects from 4 different forms of birth control I took a few year ago 2 of which I needed surgery for, I also am scared that it could be a cyst that has ruptured. Any advice or input would be helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks for your post.

How severe is the pain? If it's severe then call your doctor.

Your cramping could be PMS meaning your period is on it's way. If you don't get your period by next week, take another test.

Don't worry about infertility just yet, you have only been trying for a few months, most couples have success within 6 months and some longer.

Anonymous

Hello i desperately need advice! :(
I have really unregular period as it comes usually after 35 or 40 days never on time! Today is the 44th day! I took a pregnancy test on the 40th day and it came out negative.. i also have a light pain in my left ovary and sharp pain when i lift heavy objects. I had a problem like this before about 5 months ago i went to the doctors and the doctor took a pregnancy test as she assumed that it could be the ovarian pregnancy but the test came out negative! 2weeks after visiting the doctors i got my period.. and now i dont know what to do.. i read online all the possible things that i could have and most of people say that they ended up being pregnant(which i hope im not)
Any advice on what to do or think what it is ? Please help :( !

If your test is negative then it's likely you are even more irregular that you thought. Contact your doctor to discuss your options about how to get your cycle regular. The more regular you are, the better you can plan on not becoming pregnant.

Amenorrhea

Amenorrhea Guide