Early pregnancy or ovarian cyst??

By Anonymous March 31, 2010 - 7:44am

What does it mean if your ovaries hurt?

I stopped taking bcp three months ago and for the past 4-5 weeks have been having the following symptoms: breast enlargement/fullness, breast/nipple tenderness, increased discharge, flushed face, increased appetite, light occasional menstrual-like cramping (no bleeding), one-sided (right) occasional sharp twinges/pain & dull ache, bloating, slight weight gain.
I have taken two home-preg test, both with neg results. Approx six weeks ago, prior to all of these symptoms, I had one isolated instance of pinkish discharge (which may have been due to ovulation?). I am currently waiting it out for a few weeks until I go for a blood test at dr office. In the meantime, not knowing is driving me crazy!

Anonymous

Hi need help! I have ovarian cysts and my period was irregular. Last two months they were normal. I started using clear blue ovulation kit and got a smiley which meant peak fertility tu so my parter and I did the deed then and every other day. This month my period was late and instead I have light pink/brownish mucus discharge only when I wiped. No period yet! I have been cramping and feeling nauseous, eating a lot more a lot of pregnancy symptoms but no period. Could they be my cysts. I have one on each side. It's really frustrating as the pregnancy test I take are negative.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It sounds like you and your partner are trying to conceive. It also sounds like the spotting may be implantation bleeding.

Did you test in the morning? Has your period been late for at least one week before you tested?

Consider repeating the test. Purchase a name brand early response pregnancy test. Test in the morning. Use the urine when you first wake up and use the bathroom.

Then consider speaking with your gynecologist.

Keep us updated,

Anonymous

Hi
I Was cramping on December 27 for like a week like if I was going to get my period but I never got my period and I had gas, the cramping went away and I had back pain ever since, and now today I'm have
One a light mild cramp on the right side of my ovary. I made an appointment with my gynecologist for Monday but I'm really not sure what's going on and I'm scared. I did 3 pregnancy test and they came back negative. Any advice. Anyone. I hope I am pregnant.

- VILMA

Hi Vilma

How did your appointment go today?

Anonymous

Hi i think am late but to scared to get a negative result like last month November. I was to see my period by 22 but it was late till 26 and now it December 30 my period has not show i feel a little different and confuse about my body. Having back pain and headache. Pls what do i do. Cause i hate d negative result.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I understand. But, don't you want to know why this is happening?

You can either take a home pregnancy test or schedule an appointment with your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi,
We've been TTC for 6 months now. 2 nights ago and yesterday I had aches/pains in my right ovary area. I never had a cyst so not sure what it feels like. My period was due by today at the latest, but nothing. I took 2 pregnancy tests but they are negative. My boobs have been sore and I feel like I'm ALWAYS hungry. Any thoughts?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I can appreciate how much you want to become pregnant. But, wait at least until your period is late by one week, then test. For the most accurate result, test in the morning. Use the urine when you first wake up and use the bathroom.

Regards,

Anonymous

Question: I have a history of cyst every cycle with cramps all the time, this cycle I have had no signs. My period was 2 days late, when it came it was one day of heavy water like blood with huge clots the size of quarters (had to change pad every hour)! Then day two it was gone? I started spotting again with cm with blood (orange) 2 days later? I was dying of cramps! So bad I almost went to emerg but I could not get out of bed to walk! I went to the walk in today, the dr sent me for a pregnancy blood test as he thinks I may have been pregnant? I think he's wrong and it's a cyst! Won't get results for three days and I'm still cramping and spotting and horrible heartburn. Can a cyst do all this?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Do you have a gynecologist, who you see regularly? If so, please contact your personal physician.

A ruptured ovarian cyst can cause severe pain and the risk of internal bleeding.

Regards,

Amenorrhea

Amenorrhea Guide