every dr says something different?

By May 1, 2012 - 10:59am

I have stage 4 endometriosis and im currently on the pill. in the past i have gotten pregnant however it ended in either miscarriage, still birth or a tubal pregnancy, i only have 1 tube and ive never carried longer then 22 weeks. my question is, is there anything i can do now when we are not trying to make our odds better later when i come off the pill? i desperately want a baby and im loosing hope because every Dr i see tells me something different any advice?

thanks for the response, what i mean is every dr has a different solution, 1 will say ill never carry full term while another says absolutely i will be able to! last may i had the tubal pregnancy and had emergency surgery where they removed my scared up tube and preformed the surgery you mentioned for the scarring, since that i haven't even gotten pregnant and now ive been on the pill to regulate me for 3 months...i really just want to know if there are any further steps i can take to increase my odds and overall reproductive health while im doing hormone therapy so that when im done in 4 more months my odd are at a peak? any suggestions

HERWriter Guide (reply to laina88)

Hi laina88

We can advise the following:

Good diet and daily or at least every-other-day exercise.

Drop excess weight if you need to or gain weight if you need to.

Get as much sleep as possible.

Use relaxation and stress-release techniques to calm your mind and body. Yoga and meditation can help with this. Swimming is good for this too.Read more here for lots of stress-release techniques: http://www.empowher.com/mental-health/content/beat-stress-these-relaxati...

As far as any steps go from a medical viewpoint (in addition to be on hormones now) this is a question your fertility doctor should be answering for you, based on your medical history and records.

Hi laina88

Thanks for your post. I'm very sorry about your unsuccessful pregnancies, I know that must have been very hard on you, especially at 22 weeks. 

When you say each doctor is telling you something different , can you explain that? What are they telling you? That you can or cannot have children? Or that you have certain options?

Stage 4 endometriosis is very serious, as you know,  and can cause infertility. Since you are on hormonal treatments now that's what you may have to so until you try for pregnancy.

Have you talked to your doctor about surgical options? This is where scarring is removed, often laproscopically.

This is another option for you.

Female Infertility, Overview