Everything is about weight loss, what about us smaller women who are trying to gain or maintain a healthy weight, what should we eat and drink?

By May 4, 2011 - 11:52am

I have always been small - my doctors say I am perfectly healthy, but I barely fit into a size zero. Their only suggestion is to try and gain some weight but it is so hard!! I am 5'1 and weigh 95 pounds. I would love to get to 97 or even 100 but don't know how. Can someone help? (and not hate me for asking...)

Hello ladies,
I just wanted to point you to a great all-natural appetite enhancer. (I happen to know the founders of the company, and I know they have a quality, safe product that has changed many lives.) The supplement is called CB-1. Check out the Facebook page. Lots of great photos and testimonials: http://www.facebook.com/pages/CB-1-Weight-Gainer/235717566499029?ref=ts
Hope this was helpful, and here's to good health! Hugs, Ryann

Hi u2whisper

Thanks for your post and welcome -and no-one will hate you for wanting to gain weight; lots of women would love a few extra curves!

If you are only looking to gain 2-5 pounds, we can suggest that you eat foods that are higher is fat but not unhealthy. This can include unprocessed cheese, avocados, plenty of walnuts and almonds and a protein shake every day or something like Ensure - that is healthy but higher in calories than other drinks.

You can also work out to gain some muscle, which in turn will add a little weight to your body - but again, healthy weight. Weight lifting can also help. The more physical activity you take part in, the hungrier you will be for food - and make sure you eat plenty of calories every day and don't skip meals or snacks.

Also make sure you eat non-diet foods.

If plenty of healthy food (and the supplements I mentioned) and lots of exercise/some weight lifting don't work, then you may have to accept your body as it is, the same way we tell anyone, as long as they are healthy. At 5'1" and 95 lbs, you are indeed very petite but if you are very healthy and eat well - if you are getting your periods, have healthy hair, skin and nails, have clear eyes and a good immune system then as your doctors say - you are perfectly healthy and you need to accept your size as is.

My suggestion is to give the supplements a shot and keep fit and see if that helps. But if your natural body is very petite, it may take a lot of work to gain the weight and keep it on because your body may fight you to get back to it's natural state of being. However, weight training weekly can help in that area.

Let me know what you think!

Thank you! This is the most honest, real advice I have received. The reviews are right - this site and the people are amazing. Again, thank you!

Healthy Eating