Extreme Hair Loss.

Hi, Well last year in August i was diagnosed with Alopeica Areata. I began with the treatment, which went on till November. By November most of the bald patches were recovered. My doctor informed me that I had recovered. However earlier this year another bald patch came. This time I was relying on body to recover on its own. And it did. follicles were back. Then in May, I got ill, I was diagnosed with Typhoid and Jaundice together. Severe fever stayed for a month. After that I have been experiencing extreme hairfall. My hair has thinned down immensely. However, at this time I dont have any bald patch. My extreme hairfall continues. Please guide/suggest

Hello as a hairloss sufferer and a recent rcc survior i no personally first hand about this issue and the the fisrt few things i dicuss with all my clients is there diet. There are very few resources for us and im here to give all of us hair and hope and be a true advocate on hair health.

I use a capelli scope to determine a few underlining issues which enables me to look deeper to the root of the problem and at what stage the follicles are at currently .There currenly is no "cure" but there are opttions for us all :}

Humbly HairDoc TK

For those who post and I'm sorry you're dealing with this kind of hairloss.

Alopecia areata is an auto-immune disorder, a disorder where the immune system attacks healthy cells of the body. Alopecia areata is characterized by patterns of baldness, generally on the scalp. Asymmetric hair loss is more common from those afflicted with alopecia areata, and ranges from small patches missing to nearly half the scalp.
Alopecia areata may resemble several other hair conditions, but the major distinction is localized hair loss. Alopecia areata can occur as a generalized thinning of hair, known as diffuse alopecia areata, as hair loss on the body, alopecia totalis, or as universal hair loss alopecia universalis. These forms are less common, since the autoimmune condition is generally localized to regions of immune response. Evidence of this immune response (making it different from other hair-loss conditions) is seen from biopsies of hair follicles where immune cells not normally present have been found.

While the exact cause of alopecia areata is not known, there are several theories. Genetic inheritance seems to be a probable factor, since individuals with a family history of alopecia areata are more likely to develop the condition. The condition seems to have an autoimmune factor that produces antibodies to different hair structures. Emotional stress has been shown to trigger or exacerbate the symptoms.
Treatment of alopecia areata is patient dependent. Most patients will regrow hair within a year without treatment. However, for patients experiencing prolonged hair loss, regrowth is either slow or non-existent without treatment. In this case, treatments can range from steroid injections, specialized shampoos or creams, minoxidil, irritants, and topical immunotherapy. However, since this is a chronic disorder, there is no single treatment, and even effective treatments are not cures.

Patterns of baldness are not uncommon, but if you notice unusual patches of baldness, consult your physician. While there is no discernible cure for alopecia areata, treatment can be given to lessen the symptoms.

So please re-visit your doctor to resume treatment. You may have had a recent flare due to your illnesses.

Hair Loss

Hair Loss Guide