Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease

Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Guide

ask: feet ankles and legs are swelling what's wrong

all of a sudden my feet and ankles and legs are swollen my ankles are dissapering the left leg being more swollen than the right. starting to hurt a bit if I walk. I do have copd only meds I take is epilum for epilepsy otherwise am healthy I am 57 what is wrong can u help with my question. Suellen

Anonymous

Thanks, am glad you did.  Write back and let us know how it went.

Daisy

Anonymous

Welcome to EmpowHER.  I can imagine how you must be feeling.  One of the side effects of Epilim is Inflammation of blood vessels (vasculitis).  Which can cause inflammation in legs. It might good to talk to your doctor about this. It can be due to your medication or other conditions can also cause swelling on legs, ankels and feet like.

• Being overweight
  • Blood clot in the leg
  • Increased age
  • Leg infection
  • Veins in the legs that cannot properly pump blood back to the heart
  • http://www.empowher.com/condition/chronic-obstructive-pulmonary-disease
  • Best,

Daisy

• January 17, 2012 - 6:02am
    healthy.me (reply to Anonymous)

Hi daisy Your answers made me go to the doctor he gave me lots of tests and am having xrays tomorrow will let you know what they say and thankyou again I think this is a great site Suellen