Fleshy cord in my vagina?

I'm 15, not sexually active, and I have used tampons before. Tonightwhen I went to take out my tampon, it got stuck on this fleshy cord thing and it was very painfull:( i got it out, but can you tell me what this cord thing is??I'm scared because this has never happened before.

I would also suggest her not using tampons again until she has visited an OBYGN. There are tons of alternatives that are more safer and less traumatic.

Welcome to EmpowHER. It's impossible to know what can the fleshy cord could be without a visit to your OBGYN for a physical examination.  Inside the vaginal wall there are muscles, ligaments and skin that together they act as a complex support.  Sometimes trauma and other conditions can cause changes inside the vaginal wall.