Going through DT's alone

It's been 3 days since my last drink. I have a long history with alcohol and depression. My last drink was about 36 hours ago after a 4 day binge. I am worried about DT's. The only symptoms I have had are night terrors the first night, a waking dream where I felt my attackers and nightmares the second night. I'm largely a shut in. I don't have anyone to stay with me and I have no health insurance. Does anyone know how long the symptoms should last or how they progress? I mean if I've only had nightmares so far, am I going to be ok.

Congratulations on becoming sober!Three days is huge.

DTs are serious and can lead to seizures and/or death. If you're a serious addict, withdrawal alone is dangerous. You can find a safe place to detox near you, often for free - contact your local hospitals or AA centers to find out where. Don't do this alone - it's not safe from a medical as well as emotional standpoint.

If you begin to feel truly ill, call 911. The price to pay for a hospital is far less than the price of your life.

Please seek help immediately and keep us posted.

Addictions Guide