Has anyone taken Lipator and then developed neurpathy and/or diabetes 2?

I started taking Lipator 10/12 years ago and shortly there after started getting neuropathy in my feet, I was also diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, 5 years ago, so I took medication for two years, then decided to change my diet and have returned to normal insulin levels which allowed me to dis-continued the medication for the diabetes. I'm currently taking a generic Lipator, called Simvastatin". I'm curious if others have experienced anything similar to my situation.

Thanks Susan, your comments were helpful, I thought there may be more feedback but yours was the only one I received. appreciated your information. Joyce

You're welcome Anon-

Don't give up, some posts/threads take a while to get going! 

Thanks for this question! 

I have read about never damage before, as a serious side effect of taking Lipitor. 

There is also a disclaimer in your Lipitor literature that the FDA insisted on having put in, about the risk of diabetes when taking a statin. 

Lipitor is a statin that helps to reduce cholesterol. These medications are important for the health of many people but do cause severe side effects in some.

NPR reported on a study that showed about 17% had side effects like liver damage, nerve damage and sore muscles. The study also found that half the people put on these stains quit them. Some went back on them, some did not.

I hope others here who have had the same experiences get back to you with their stories. 

Read more on nerve damage and statins here: 

Has this helped?