ask: Have you had experience with the Wiley Protocol?

Has anyone had experience using the Wiley Protocol of hormone replacement therapy?

It is a method where bioidentical hormones are prescribed and are given transdermally -- through the skin -- in a patent-pending cream. A primary

difference between this protocol and some others is that the hormonal levels rise and fall, similar to the way a woman's normal cycle did when she was still menstruating.

There is some controversy on the web about T.S. Wiley's qualifications for developing a medical protocol, since she is not a doctor herself, she studied anthropology (though she co-authored the book "Sex, Lies, and Menopause" with Julie Taguchi, M.D.)

Some women claim wonderful results; others claim very troubling side effects. Does anyone out there have personal experiences to share?

Anonymous

This makes me crazy, today I start the Wiley Protocol. but do not understand the dosage, I has not asked for it is Saturday and my doctor does not serve me.
Estrogen receive 29 lines, they say I should use 4 lines twice daily on days 1 to 5, mean that during those days use 2 lines in the morning and 2 lines at night ?. 29 lines I do not think I reach that dose for 28 days of dosing, which I do?

You should send your question to the Wiley protocol Facebook page or their helpline on their website. They always answer in 24 hours!

Anonymous

I am 55 and have been on WP lite for four months. I was having a very difficult time with menopause- cloudy thinking, severe fatigue, night sweats and hot flashes, depression. I've lost 30 lbs ( interesting that others have commented on weight gain?) , my skin is lovely, I have great energy and increased libido and in general feel better than I have in years! The only side effect I seem to be noticing is muscle soreness- sometimes it's severe. Has anyone else experienced this and suggestions for combatting?

Anonymous

I have experienced many menopause symptoms for at least one year before I tried a low estradiol and progesterone static dose for 2 years and switched to Wiley protocol and have been on it for 3 years. I know how it feels to be in menopause, how it feels to be on static dosing, and how it feels to be on Wiley protocol and finally to get back my period. Wiley protocol brought me back to the way my health was in early 30s. High energy, as well as mental and physical health, that I thought I will never feel again when I went into menopause. The health that comes with Wiley protocol combined with lifetime experience is a winning combination. I thank T.S. Wiley every day for what she have done for us women.

Anonymous

I am a 55 year old woman (post menopausal) that just started the Wiley Protocol in December. It took my body about 3 months to adjust which was to be expected but since the 3rd month I started getting my periods 10 days early and have had GBS (Group B Strep) for the past month and I cannot get rid of it. Could it be that my body is not adapting to the protocol like it should? Does anyone have any suggestions or input? I just don't know what to do.

The Wiley Protocol (reply to Anonymous)

I represent the Wiley Protocol! Always glad to answer questions everywhere:) Specific symptom questions have to be addressed by a provider, but we have a website thewileyprotocol.com with links and information on our helplines (phone or email) as well as a registry of pharmacies and providers so you can choose a provider who is right for you. When women have symptoms that can't be resolved it is often because they are receiving hormones from an unregistered pharmacy (leading to inconsistencies in hormone concentration from month to month) or a provider who isn't trained in BHRT replacement, or there is an issue with patient/provider/pharmacy communication. The Wiley Protocol is all about education and patient advocacy. If you need assistance, let us know.

Anonymous

Wiley Protocol saved my life. I have been on it for a num ber of years. I had numerous adverse symptoms from a TAH/BSO. However, about a year ago, my symptoms started returning. Apparently Wiley changed the base chemicals- Nothin was said to me until I started complaining. Only problem is- we haven't figured out a way to fix it now.- mhw

I work for the Wiley protocol. The base cream hasn't changed in years! Sounds like you might not have been at a registered pharmacy.

Were you cycling with a period? Where you absorbing the hormones and reaching the levels? Just wondering b/c my levels are rising much.

Anonymous

Let's go over what someone mentioned about cancer risk with Wiley. Wiley uses BHRT or BIOHORMONE. Most doctors do not understand the difference between HRT and BHRT. Wiley uses natural progesterone and estrodial. HRT uses synthetic progesterone and estrone. (please see Life Extension on BHRT article). The good estrogen and progesterone will make your skin smooth, help with Alzheimers, bone loss, cancer and aging. From the research, it looks like Suzanne Somers is correct. Stay away from bad estrogens, such as HRT and the pill. Use only natural progesterone and get your bloodwork done. Hormones are the juice of life but they must be the natural ones. Estrone is dangerous. You may want to consider taking a DIM supplement while on BHRT or even if you are not. Hormone therapy is so important for aging, just make sure you understand BHRT.

Community

Can't Find Something?

Rebecca Xu HERWriter Guide

ASK Moderation Guidelines

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: