ask: Have you had experience with the Wiley Protocol?

Has anyone had experience using the Wiley Protocol of hormone replacement therapy?

It is a method where bioidentical hormones are prescribed and are given transdermally -- through the skin -- in a patent-pending cream. A primary

difference between this protocol and some others is that the hormonal levels rise and fall, similar to the way a woman's normal cycle did when she was still menstruating.

There is some controversy on the web about T.S. Wiley's qualifications for developing a medical protocol, since she is not a doctor herself, she studied anthropology (though she co-authored the book "Sex, Lies, and Menopause" with Julie Taguchi, M.D.)

Some women claim wonderful results; others claim very troubling side effects. Does anyone out there have personal experiences to share?

Anonymous

I have experienced many menopause symptoms for at least one year before I tried a low estradiol and progesterone static dose for 2 years and switched to Wiley protocol and have been on it for 3 years. I know how it feels to be in menopause, how it feels to be on static dosing, and how it feels to be on Wiley protocol and finally to get back my period. Wiley protocol brought me back to the way my health was in early 30s. High energy, as well as mental and physical health, that I thought I will never feel again when I went into menopause. The health that comes with Wiley protocol combined with lifetime experience is a winning combination. I thank T.S. Wiley every day for what she have done for us women.

Anonymous

I am a 55 year old woman (post menopausal) that just started the Wiley Protocol in December. It took my body about 3 months to adjust which was to be expected but since the 3rd month I started getting my periods 10 days early and have had GBS (Group B Strep) for the past month and I cannot get rid of it. Could it be that my body is not adapting to the protocol like it should? Does anyone have any suggestions or input? I just don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Wiley Protocol saved my life. I have been on it for a num ber of years. I had numerous adverse symptoms from a TAH/BSO. However, about a year ago, my symptoms started returning. Apparently Wiley changed the base chemicals- Nothin was said to me until I started complaining. Only problem is- we haven't figured out a way to fix it now.- mhw

Were you cycling with a period? Where you absorbing the hormones and reaching the levels? Just wondering b/c my levels are rising much.

Anonymous

Let's go over what someone mentioned about cancer risk with Wiley. Wiley uses BHRT or BIOHORMONE. Most doctors do not understand the difference between HRT and BHRT. Wiley uses natural progesterone and estrodial. HRT uses synthetic progesterone and estrone. (please see Life Extension on BHRT article). The good estrogen and progesterone will make your skin smooth, help with Alzheimers, bone loss, cancer and aging. From the research, it looks like Suzanne Somers is correct. Stay away from bad estrogens, such as HRT and the pill. Use only natural progesterone and get your bloodwork done. Hormones are the juice of life but they must be the natural ones. Estrone is dangerous. You may want to consider taking a DIM supplement while on BHRT or even if you are not. Hormone therapy is so important for aging, just make sure you understand BHRT.

Anonymous

Hi, I'm Ana. Last year, on my 39th birthday I had a complete hysterectomy. I've been on Climara patches ever since and I was wondering if anyone on this chat is on the Wiley protocol due to early menopause. I am considering Wiley but I would like to know someone else's experience that walked before me. Thank u very much!!

eirishkov (reply to Anonymous)

Did you start wiley?

E.V.T. (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Ana,
I'm Yvette, been on Wiley since 2007. My hubby since 2009. What would you like to know? Did you read the book "SEX LIES & MENOPAUSE", that's a big help. Why did you have a hysterectomy? I ran from doctors that suggested that to me. Thank God I found a doctor that told me all I needed was some progesterone to stop my bleeding, it also reversed my bad endometrial biopsy, I'm no doctor, but I knew those other doctors didn't know everything, so I kept looking, lucky I did. It's been a lonely & frustrating road, I've had no one to help me, when I would find Wiley doctors, they would tell me I knew more than them, but I didn't give up, I pretty much got it down pat. You would need to be on the LUNAR calendar, a Wiley pharmacy, (found on the Wiley website), would give you that. You need to have your bloods drawn about every 3 months. Your estrogens drawn on day 12 of your cycle, ( Your #'s should be between 350-500), your progesterones drawn on the 21st day of your cycle, ( #'s should be between 10-22).oh yeah, & make sure you don't get your bloods drawn from the arm you put the hormones on that your getting tested for, for instant, if your putting your estrogen on your right arm this month, ( you alternate arms every month), then have the blood drawn from your left arm. I now sleep, my boobs are fuller, my vagina is wet when I need it to be, my skin is moister, I have a sex drive, I don't think I get bitchy, lol, but you'd have to ask my family that. I get my period, when my periods are off, (too early or too late), or my bloods are not the numbers I need, I have to tweak my doses, go up a line or down a line of meds that are in the dosing syringes. Easy for me now. Good Luck! :)

Anonymous (reply to E.V.T.)

Hi Yvette, I just started Wiley 3 months ago. I don't make any hormones at all. I am on E2 and P1 and my estrogen level on day 12 is only 42. I am not sure if I am absorbing the hormones through the skin. I would like to talk to someone about their experience. Is their any way that we could talk.

Anonymous

I have been on the wiley protocol for almost 4 yrs. Im on p4 (progesterone pills plus 200 more mg pill. my max dose day day 20-21 is 500 mg. my estrogen is W+3. and I take 3 mg testosterone. My weight used to be 140-141 before wiley. Now I am 151-152 at 5'4 Im heavy. My stomach is big and Ive got a fat in places like bikini line that I never had before. Before wiley I was not interested in sex with my husband. I had vaginal dryness (extreme) and my hair was falling out. I never slept more than 2 hrs at a time. and had to go pee every few hours at night. Now I sleep well, my hair grows a inch a month. I have great libido and no more dryness... down there its like being 25 again. The downside.. during peak progesterone Im sleepy.. very groggy.. But my Dr states that I just need to take it earlier. She said my levels are perfect now. whatever that is suppose to mean as I don't know what wiley perfect levels are.. I am very very scared of the cancer issue. I even lie to my gyn because she told me Im playing with fire with wiley. Huge concern of mine. My husband wants me to stay on it.. I am going to see another bio identical Dr soon and see what she says. I do believe it keeps you young. I have no osteopenia, my labs are ok, It supposedly prevent breast and cervical cancer. So Im not sure. Wishing I could find a good wiley support group Jillian RN

Community

Can't Find Something?

Pat Elliott HERWriter Guide

ASK Moderation Guidelines

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: