ask: Have you had experience with the Wiley Protocol?

By Diane Porter March 3, 2009 - 11:15am

Has anyone had experience using the Wiley Protocol of hormone replacement therapy?

It is a method where bioidentical hormones are prescribed and are given transdermally -- through the skin -- in a patent-pending cream. A primary

difference between this protocol and some others is that the hormonal levels rise and fall, similar to the way a woman's normal cycle did when she was still menstruating.

There is some controversy on the web about T.S. Wiley's qualifications for developing a medical protocol, since she is not a doctor herself, she studied anthropology (though she co-authored the book "Sex, Lies, and Menopause" with Julie Taguchi, M.D.)

Some women claim wonderful results; others claim very troubling side effects. Does anyone out there have personal experiences to share?

This makes me crazy, today I start the Wiley Protocol. but do not understand the dosage, I has not asked for it is Saturday and my doctor does not serve me.
Estrogen receive 29 lines, they say I should use 4 lines twice daily on days 1 to 5, mean that during those days use 2 lines in the morning and 2 lines at night ?. 29 lines I do not think I reach that dose for 28 days of dosing, which I do?

You should send your question to the Wiley protocol Facebook page or their helpline on their website. They always answer in 24 hours!

I sent them a very polite inquiry about HRT. They refused to respond (as has every company I have ever contacted on male-to-female HRT issues, when that was their primary focus). I have to wonder what kind of people would have zero interest in the individual potential customer? Scammers?

I am 55 and have been on WP lite for four months. I was having a very difficult time with menopause- cloudy thinking, severe fatigue, night sweats and hot flashes, depression. I've lost 30 lbs ( interesting that others have commented on weight gain?) , my skin is lovely, I have great energy and increased libido and in general feel better than I have in years! The only side effect I seem to be noticing is muscle soreness- sometimes it's severe. Has anyone else experienced this and suggestions for combatting?

I have experienced many menopause symptoms for at least one year before I tried a low estradiol and progesterone static dose for 2 years and switched to Wiley protocol and have been on it for 3 years. I know how it feels to be in menopause, how it feels to be on static dosing, and how it feels to be on Wiley protocol and finally to get back my period. Wiley protocol brought me back to the way my health was in early 30s. High energy, as well as mental and physical health, that I thought I will never feel again when I went into menopause. The health that comes with Wiley protocol combined with lifetime experience is a winning combination. I thank T.S. Wiley every day for what she have done for us women.

I've been on Wiley for one year. I am 60, but the Wiley protocol has been an incredible life saver for me. I've always been in good shape because I've taken care of myself, but I had menopausal symptoms.

I have an endless list of what the Wiley protocol has done to my health. Why wasn't it available when I was in my early 50's?

I think the Bush years took their toll on forward movement in medical science. It really angers me to think that his presidency might have kept this life-enhancing drug off the market.

There's also a lot of predjudice against women in their 60's getting periods. I live in Washington state, not one of the most forward thinking places, and I've encountered a lot of women who laugh at me for suggesting such a controversial regimen.

I am a 55 year old woman (post menopausal) that just started the Wiley Protocol in December. It took my body about 3 months to adjust which was to be expected but since the 3rd month I started getting my periods 10 days early and have had GBS (Group B Strep) for the past month and I cannot get rid of it. Could it be that my body is not adapting to the protocol like it should? Does anyone have any suggestions or input? I just don't know what to do.

The Wiley Protocol (reply to Anonymous)

I represent the Wiley Protocol! Always glad to answer questions everywhere:) Specific symptom questions have to be addressed by a provider, but we have a website with links and information on our helplines (phone or email) as well as a registry of pharmacies and providers so you can choose a provider who is right for you. When women have symptoms that can't be resolved it is often because they are receiving hormones from an unregistered pharmacy (leading to inconsistencies in hormone concentration from month to month) or a provider who isn't trained in BHRT replacement, or there is an issue with patient/provider/pharmacy communication. The Wiley Protocol is all about education and patient advocacy. If you need assistance, let us know.

Anonymous (reply to The Wiley Protocol)

Always happy to answer questions everywhere? Maybe not so much.

Wiley Protocol saved my life. I have been on it for a num ber of years. I had numerous adverse symptoms from a TAH/BSO. However, about a year ago, my symptoms started returning. Apparently Wiley changed the base chemicals- Nothin was said to me until I started complaining. Only problem is- we haven't figured out a way to fix it now.- mhw

Can't Find Something?

Rebecca Xu HERWriter Guide

ASK Moderation Guidelines

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: