Have you had experience with the Wiley Protocol?

By March 3, 2009 - 11:15am

Has anyone had experience using the Wiley Protocol of hormone replacement therapy?

It is a method where bioidentical hormones are prescribed and are given transdermally -- through the skin -- in a patent-pending cream. A primary

difference between this protocol and some others is that the hormonal levels rise and fall, similar to the way a woman's normal cycle did when she was still menstruating.

There is some controversy on the web about T.S. Wiley's qualifications for developing a medical protocol, since she is not a doctor herself, she studied anthropology (though she co-authored the book "Sex, Lies, and Menopause" with Julie Taguchi, M.D.)

Some women claim wonderful results; others claim very troubling side effects. Does anyone out there have personal experiences to share?

I've been on the WP longer than most people--over ten years. I'm 62 and started using it during peri-menopause. I needed to adjust dosages over the first 2.5 years, and have had to do that 3 or 4 other times during the course of my use. I have nothing but good things to say about this protocol. Within three months I noticed better sleep, elimination of joint pain, and clear-headedness: I could think waaaayyy better and my mood improved. My energy is consistently terrific, I look lots younger than my age; my hair filled out a bunch; my skin tone is elastic and moist, and boy is the sex good. I've never reached the target numbers for P in my luteal phase, but I have a regular bleed and my endometrial and Day 12/21 tests come back fine. New England has no doctors who have clinical experience, despite what the WP website says (I'm in MA), so I go to one in NJ once a year. Also, The nearest licensed compounder is in NYC. I am SO waiting for insurance to cover this, but in the meantime, my desert island knapsack would include my WP E, P, and T. :-)

Hello. I have been on the Wiley protocol since December. I have been confused about the application instructions several times and on occasion forgot to take it. However, I have been sleeping like a baby, my skin looks better and my hair too.

The thing I have been most bothered by is steady weight gain…I have gained over 15 pounds since I started with no changes in diet or lifestyle. I even went on a plant based diet for 3 weeks and no still no weight loss.

Looking for help/answers please....
Been on the Wiley Protocol for about 8 months now. I swear its AGING me!
My biggest concern is that I am transferring these hormones to my dog.
HIS nipples grew. I am avoiding contact (SAD) until I get answers....no one has them.
I am super diligent with hand washing , etc, following all the guidelines.
No one can seem to answer the question ---- Can the hormones excrete from my pores???
Meaning it wouldn't matter where I applied, or how well I covered the area, or how long I waited, or how well I washed my hands.
Anyone know?

Just wondering if your dog may get the estrogen exposure from drinking out of your toilet bowl.

I too, have some concerns about transferring the hormones to my puppy. What are your thoughts, Jake?

This makes me crazy, today I start the Wiley Protocol. but do not understand the dosage, I has not asked for it is Saturday and my doctor does not serve me.
Estrogen receive 29 lines, they say I should use 4 lines twice daily on days 1 to 5, mean that during those days use 2 lines in the morning and 2 lines at night ?. 29 lines I do not think I reach that dose for 28 days of dosing, which I do?

You should send your question to the Wiley protocol Facebook page or their helpline on their website. They always answer in 24 hours!

I sent them a very polite inquiry about HRT. They refused to respond (as has every company I have ever contacted on male-to-female HRT issues, when that was their primary focus). I have to wonder what kind of people would have zero interest in the individual potential customer? Scammers?

I am 55 and have been on WP lite for four months. I was having a very difficult time with menopause- cloudy thinking, severe fatigue, night sweats and hot flashes, depression. I've lost 30 lbs ( interesting that others have commented on weight gain?) , my skin is lovely, I have great energy and increased libido and in general feel better than I have in years! The only side effect I seem to be noticing is muscle soreness- sometimes it's severe. Has anyone else experienced this and suggestions for combatting?

I have experienced many menopause symptoms for at least one year before I tried a low estradiol and progesterone static dose for 2 years and switched to Wiley protocol and have been on it for 3 years. I know how it feels to be in menopause, how it feels to be on static dosing, and how it feels to be on Wiley protocol and finally to get back my period. Wiley protocol brought me back to the way my health was in early 30s. High energy, as well as mental and physical health, that I thought I will never feel again when I went into menopause. The health that comes with Wiley protocol combined with lifetime experience is a winning combination. I thank T.S. Wiley every day for what she have done for us women.

Can't Find Something?

ASK Moderation Guidelines