Have you had experience with the Wiley Protocol?

By March 3, 2009 - 11:15am

Has anyone had experience using the Wiley Protocol of hormone replacement therapy?

It is a method where bioidentical hormones are prescribed and are given transdermally -- through the skin -- in a patent-pending cream. A primary

difference between this protocol and some others is that the hormonal levels rise and fall, similar to the way a woman's normal cycle did when she was still menstruating.

There is some controversy on the web about T.S. Wiley's qualifications for developing a medical protocol, since she is not a doctor herself, she studied anthropology (though she co-authored the book "Sex, Lies, and Menopause" with Julie Taguchi, M.D.)

Some women claim wonderful results; others claim very troubling side effects. Does anyone out there have personal experiences to share?

Anonymous

I started on the Wiley Protocol at 51, 7 years ago, after having two dreadful hot flushes. My doctor insisted l read 'Sex, Lies and Menopause' before she would prescribe. I have never had another hot flush and no issues with dryness. I feel great knowing that l am looking after my bones and have no osteoporosis unlike all the older women in the family. I feel so lucky to have stumbled on this protocol!
Helen Aden Australia

Anonymous

I've been on the WP longer than most people--over ten years. I'm 62 and started using it during peri-menopause. I needed to adjust dosages over the first 2.5 years, and have had to do that 3 or 4 other times during the course of my use. I have nothing but good things to say about this protocol. Within three months I noticed better sleep, elimination of joint pain, and clear-headedness: I could think waaaayyy better and my mood improved. My energy is consistently terrific, I look lots younger than my age; my hair filled out a bunch; my skin tone is elastic and moist, and boy is the sex good. I've never reached the target numbers for P in my luteal phase, but I have a regular bleed and my endometrial and Day 12/21 tests come back fine. New England has no doctors who have clinical experience, despite what the WP website says (I'm in MA), so I go to one in NJ once a year. Also, The nearest licensed compounder is in NYC. I am SO waiting for insurance to cover this, but in the meantime, my desert island knapsack would include my WP E, P, and T. :-)

I didn't know the Wiley Protocol had been around for 10 years. Otherwise, I would have tried it years ago. I've been on it for three years. I am 60 and was on static dosing prior to starting the wp.

I do not understand why all women aren't on this, from perimenopause on. My body looks and acts like that of a 35-year-old, and that's the age people think I am. (People get creeped out when they find out my true age.)

I think there must be an incredible amount of prejudice in our society against older women trying to be young. I am now living in Seattle, and I hate the attitudes here. I'm getting out as soon as possible. At this stage of my life, I want to live in California, which is the most progressive state as far as women's health goes.

Here the doctors are all male, extremely male chauvinistic, not open to new ideas. They make wonderful traditional doctors. I've enjoyed them as people, but they are somewhat backward with regard to women's issues. However, what's interesting is that they keep thinking I'm much younger than I am. They have been more than flirtatious with me, which strengthens my opinion that the WP is to blame. :-) I've regained my power with men.

I cannot say enough good things about the WP. Sex is great, I am no longer incontinent, muscle tone is wonderful, breasts are full and taut, and no longer fibrocystic. I just wish I could have more of a good thing. I agree with the desert Island list. I would bring some tampons and a partner to shag with all day long, however, in addition to the WP.

I am thinking of adding Hgh to my antiaging protocol.

Anonymous

Hello. I have been on the Wiley protocol since December. I have been confused about the application instructions several times and on occasion forgot to take it. However, I have been sleeping like a baby, my skin looks better and my hair too.

The thing I have been most bothered by is steady weight gain…I have gained over 15 pounds since I started with no changes in diet or lifestyle. I even went on a plant based diet for 3 weeks and no still no weight loss.

Anonymous

Looking for help/answers please....
Been on the Wiley Protocol for about 8 months now. I swear its AGING me!
My biggest concern is that I am transferring these hormones to my dog.
HIS nipples grew. I am avoiding contact (SAD) until I get answers....no one has them.
I am super diligent with hand washing , etc, following all the guidelines.
No one can seem to answer the question ---- Can the hormones excrete from my pores???
Meaning it wouldn't matter where I applied, or how well I covered the area, or how long I waited, or how well I washed my hands.
Anyone know?

Just wondering if your dog may get the estrogen exposure from drinking out of your toilet bowl.

I too, have some concerns about transferring the hormones to my puppy. What are your thoughts, Jake?

Anonymous

This makes me crazy, today I start the Wiley Protocol. but do not understand the dosage, I has not asked for it is Saturday and my doctor does not serve me.
Estrogen receive 29 lines, they say I should use 4 lines twice daily on days 1 to 5, mean that during those days use 2 lines in the morning and 2 lines at night ?. 29 lines I do not think I reach that dose for 28 days of dosing, which I do?

You should send your question to the Wiley protocol Facebook page or their helpline on their website. They always answer in 24 hours!

I sent them a very polite inquiry about HRT. They refused to respond (as has every company I have ever contacted on male-to-female HRT issues, when that was their primary focus). I have to wonder what kind of people would have zero interest in the individual potential customer? Scammers?

Community

Can't Find Something?

ASK Moderation Guidelines