Have you had your home tested for this odorless gas?
We have a new home and tested in our walk-out level and our levels are higher than we would like. We have to have a pipe that leads to the outside of our home in order to circumvent this problem.
A test starts at about $15 and takes a couple of days to see results but there are various kinds of tests. I think it's important for everyone, especially those with family members spending a lot of time (or sleeping) in lower levels of a home. Radon gas causes lung cancer and one in every fifteen homes is thought to have higher radon levels than they should!
Additionally, the National Safety Council has some great information -
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.