Hcg levels dropped then risen

Hi I found out on Saturday 24th I was pregnant completely to my surprise I'm 23 in l26 days and me and my partner kind of got our heads around everything. Then Thursday the 29th I woke up spotting brown discharge! I panicked and went to a&e had an early scan and they couldn't find a baby which worried me more but was told at 4 weeks they can't detected a baby that early, they then checked my hcg levels 48 hours apart Thursday 370 and Saturday dropped to 130 I was told I was miscarrying so went through a lot of heart ache started bleeding properly and cramping really bad went back Monday had my bloods done again and they have risen to 225? What the hell I'm totally baffled I've just excepted I'm miscarrying and now I'm back to square one :( can anyone help? Apparently I'm not ectopic as I would of collapsed by now nice to no :/ also I'm still bleeding and cramping

Thanks for posting your question! 

Hgc levels can vary from women to women. The fact that yours rose is a good sign (levels should be doubling every 2-3 days now).

But your bleeding is of great concern and is often a sign of miscarriage. 

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do for now. Wait another 3-5 days and go back in to have your levels checked again. At that stage you will know where you stand. 

We wish you the very best and hope you keep us updated! 

Thankyou for your reply Susan, I'm still confused as ever as tue I was in a lot of pain and bleeding had my bloods done again and they had dropped to 205 then today I was told it's defiantly a miscarriage so they took my levels again and told me there expecting them to have dropped to 100 got a phone call about an hour ago and they have more then doubled to 495 so I'm totally confused I've got a scan in the morning at 9:30 so it's a massive waiting game ATM!!
Kind regards

Hi Kayleigh

How are things progressing for you?

Still no baby on the scan but I think the hospital had my dates wrong I did I clear blue digital and it showed 2-3 which means 4-5 weeks so that why I think it's not showing my hcg levels are still rising got them again on Friday and they should been in the thousands then going to redo scan as they said anything over 1500 should show on scan it's so stressful :( don't know if I am or not the hospital have said I'm a medical mistery Thankyou for checking how I am :)
Kayleigh :)

This IS all quite mysterious. And very hard to play that waiting game. 

Stay in touch with us, ok?