Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

hi, my name is sandy and i am 20 years old, my height is 5'8 but i am not satisfy with my height, so i want to increase it, what would you suggest me to do.

By Anonymous May 2, 2012 - 7:48am
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi Sandy

If you are looking to increase your height (are you male? I am assuming you are as your height is taller than average than a female) then the only way to do this is by talking with a specialist about using a human growth hormone.

This is a very serious undertaking and at the age of 20, a doctor will likely hesitate, especially since you are 5'8" - not as tall as the average man but certainly not a small man either. The hormone therapy is used for people with growth deficiencies and due to the many conditions that have inhibited their growth - often from birth. Many doctors will not do "vanity" treatments, meaning doing it to a well-sized individual just because they want a few more inches of height (I'm not calling you vain, by the way!).

You can talk to a specialist, but bear in mind that getting it done with a board certified specialist may be hard and do not try to take any human growth hormones without being under medical supervision.



May 2, 2012 - 9:20am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Human Growth Hormone

Get Email Updates

Human Growth Hormone Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!