Yeast Infection

Yeast Infection Guide

ask: ho

Hi I am 30yrs old about a month and a half I had a yeast infection and I got treated
For that (over the counter ointment) ,then I got my periods and a few days later I had another
Infection. So itching just heavy discharge a yellow-green with a odor then I went to the
Doctor and he gave me trichazole 400mg it worked like a bomb
And the infection went away I finished my period 2weeks ago and the infection is back . The symptoms I have is discharge and some abdominal discomfort the antibiotic is a 5 day course wen I am on it the infection is gone but as soon as I finish the meds the infection is back .wat do I do I do have a repeat script for trichazole and if I get it again it will be my 2nd course.

Anonymous

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Antibiotic and steroid use is the most common reason for yeast overgrowth. But pregnancy, menstruation, sperm, diabetes, and birth control pills also can contribute to getting a yeast infection.  You need to discuss with your doctor the fact you keep getting yeast infections.  

Here are some resources for you

Yeast Infection

Daisy