Genital Warts

Genital Warts Guide

ask: How can I get rid of genital warts at home?

Hi, I have noticed I got a wart on the outside of my vagina for 4 months now and its not going away. Is there anything I can do to use a medicine from the pharmacy to remove it at home without using liquid nitrogen etc.?

Anonymous

imiquimod(Aldara, Zyclara) can be very, very, very dangerous and life threatening.

Please stop recommending these cremes.

Please visit http://www.doctorsaredangerous.com/aldara.htm
for more info on why it is so dangerous.

According to the Mayo Clinic, recommended treatments for genital warts include:
Imiquimod( Aldara, Zyclara)-- a cream that appears to boost your immune system's ability to fight genital warts.

Podophyllin and podofilox( Condylox)-- a plant=based resin that destroys genital wart tissue.

Trichloroacetic acid (TCA)--a chemical treatment that burns off genital warts. It must always be applied by a doctor.

Please don't try to treat genital warts with over-the-counter wart removers. These medications aren't intended for use in the moist tissues of the genital area. Using over-the-counter medications for this purpose can cause even more pain and irritation.

Surgery may be necessary to remove larger warts or warts that do not respond to medications. Cryotherapy, electrocautery, surgical excision and laser treatments are options.

Good Luck, Worry Wart. All that you will accomplish is irritating your genital area. As you may know, vinegar is an acid. What you may not know, is genital warts are caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV) which is a sexually transmitted infection. Acids, like apple cider vinegar, do not get rid of genital warts.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

dear Maryann,
i haven't try ACV, the painful of using lime stone paste is the highest level and i'm scared of using it again. i have tried once and for only 5 minutes( i stop it cause i can't stand the pain) i rinsed of it by water. the wart melting and seemed like burn. at the moment i wish i could have a local anesthetic. now i'm using Oxyfend and the 1st tube is already empty. still has no difference, but i pray to God to be cure, i still have a big hope on this product. the wart is getting spread on and i'm still waiting for the miracle.

Anonymous

dear all, i have tried to using Oxyfend cream for about 2nd July, i apply it twice a day and sadly until now 1 tube nearly empty--i still don't see any different. the warts on my vagina is now spread out, the physical burden made me stressed. question is, why it doesn't work? everyone said it work, but i haven't until 1st tube is going to be empty. i paid a lot on this cream, since i need a lot of efforts to get it. if anyone of you can give any solution, please reply me.
i will appreciate your advice and solution, it seems the warts is getting spread on my vagina, i'm really scared. i've trying lime stone paste and it burns for over 5 minutes(so painful T_T).
maybe we can share about this on e-mail.
big thanks for all of you. GBU

WorryWart

I'm trying apple cider vinegar right now.

Please stop using the apple cider vinegar poultice.

Accepted medical treatment of genital warts associated with HPV includes prescription medications which can be applied at home several times each week. These medications include imiquimod(Aldara), podophyllin and podofilox(Condylox) and trichloroacetic acid (TCA)

The warts can be removed with surgery that includes cryosurgery, electrocauterization, laser therapy and surgical excision, which is cutting them out.

Though, right now, you feel that your life is over, it is not.
Many sexually active young women become infected with HPV. In many cases, the immune system gets rid of the virus. But, it is important to remember, that even after you have been treated for genital warts, you may still infect others.

Your life is not over, just changed.

Anonymous

I was just received my pap smear back as positive for HPV. I'm waiting for a referral to a gynecologist. I'm so wracked with anxiety. I feel like my life is over. I've been using the apple cider vinegar poultice. It burns so bad and has shown that I have these growths near the entrance of my cervix. Should I continue with this poultice? Or must I wait? I'm unable to talk to anyone about this. I'm so scared to wait the seven days for my referral. Please advise.

Anonymous

apple cider vinegar works at home...you can get it at the grocery store for about 2-3$ depending on where you live. just put some on a cotton ball and hold it for approximately 30 minutes a day and eventually it will turn black and fall off. i am a nurse at a gynecology office and our doctor always suggests this first before spending money on all the creams.

I'm doing this...the apple cider poultice. But it burns really badly. Should I really be doing this?