How to combat redness due to period?

I have a huge issue with face redness during the week of my period and the week before. I have light skintone; therefore, redness shows through my skin fairly easily. During those 2 weeks, my face will get even more red than normal. Since I have red marks left behind by previous acnes, the redness only accentuates the marks making them look worse than they really are. I am pretty fed up with it. I felt like I'd tried everything from different anti-redness lotions/creams to anti-redness eyedrop on my face. I seriously need help.

Your situation isn't uncommon and is likely due to hormonal fluctuations right before and during your period. Treatments don't work for many women (everything from steroids to mediation for eczema) - but you could check with a homeopathic center to see what natural treatments could work.

This issue is often passed off as being sun damage, eczema or rosacea so make sure you let them know that this is a hormonal issue based on your menstrual cycle.

Going on the birth control pill is another solution.

I hope this help, treatments for this are hard to find.