Thyroid Conditions

ask: How do I know if I am low in thyroid, DHEA and testosterone?

By srichman

My endocrinologists say I am in range and my naturopath and primary care said I am below optimal range that most doctors will disagree and consider anyone who is alive and breathing to fit in the range considerations and that I can use more of natural thyroid, testosterone and DHEA. How do I know who to listen to? I do mimic all the symptoms of being deficient in those areas. How do I know if I should take the bioidenticals or not? This is confusing. I am willing to forward my labs if necessary.

Hi srichman,

Thanks for your question. Lab results fall into a range, what can sometimes happen is that you may fall into the lower or higher end of the range and some doctors will consider that normal. Some doctors may not even consider your lab values to be abnormal unless they fall under the "critical" high or low results. If you are symptomatic and you feel as though your thyroid levels are low then please listen to your PCP and naturopaths and follow their recommendations.

All the best,

Rosa