ask: How do you determine if its your actual period or spotting?

Can we get pregnant even if we have our period? (thats IF we think its our period)
Just want to know the difference or how would i know if its spotting not a period?? does it always come in the same time as the expected date of period? what would spotting look like?
Because i know women mistakenly think that once they bleed, its menstrual period already. thank you!

Anonymous

I had sex on the 13th of feb but I also had sex the week before aswell and I went to the toilet on the 17th of feb nd noticed abit of blood when I wiped but not enough to reach my underwear the next morning I woke up bleeding am I pregnant or not?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you are having vaginal bleeding, then you are not pregnant.
Were you due to start your period?

Regards,

Anonymous

What’s so funny about this is that I’m a registered nurse who went to college for four years and I only learned how to truly count your period a few months ago after doing some research on the internet.
That goes to show how confusing it is! I used to just wear a pantyliner for a week and hoped my period would show up sometime around then. Now that I actually get how to track it, it comes within 2-3 days of when I predict it!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You're right. While we can all have accidents or misread our body signals and dates, it's not that difficult to track our monthly cycles. Unless we are very irregular of have conditions like PCOS, once we're used to tracking our cycle, it becomes pretty routine. 

Anonymous

Hi, my period came two days early was heavy-ish (red blood straight away) for 2 days then on day 3 dark brown discharge (no pad needed only noticed when wiping). This discharge stayed for 5 days but was mixed with cervical discharge towards the end. Still have a little brown/white discharge now (day 7). Periods are usually 3-4 days with brown discharge for 2 days after that. Is this normal? Pregnancy? (Sexual active with husband, we use the pull out method, and had sex around my ovulation days). We're not trying to conceive but we're not not trying if that makes sense.

Anonymous

im 17 and i am pregnant i have one baby and never had bleeding like i do now the bleeding is regular like my period but i went to the doc to find out if i was having another one and for sure i was but that dont explaine the random bleeding ive had for 4 days so can you help me out give me answers on what i need to do

You must contact your doctor immediately. How far along in your pregnancy are you? More than light spotting early in a pregnancy indicates a problem and needs the attention of a health care professional. Please do not delay. Call your doctor.

Anonymous

My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex.. On 16TH! And her periods are scheduled today... As she had her last period on 17TH October, I dint ejaculate inside her..or any way close.. To be exact dint ejaculate at all.. And there is no chance of precum as I dint ejaculate anytime sooner either!
Today she did bleed a little (dark red brownish in colour)
Not sure if she's perioding or spotting, we're very worried!! She has cramps..and abdominal pain.. Would She be pregnant? Please help asap
And would taking a contraceptive if you aren't gonna be pregnant, be of any harm?
And can she get pregnant even after getting her periods?
Do you think she should take a pregnancy test?

Anonymous

Hi! I had my mens on nov 1. And now is 15th and my mens came out. I had sex with my bf on the 10th. Is this spotting?

This could be spotting from pregnancy if you did not use protection but spotting is not like a menstrual period at all, it's a few drops of blood.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: