ask: How effective is plan b?

I not on birth control and while my boyfriend and I were having sex some how the condom came off without both of us realizing. We are not sure when it came off, before or after he finished. This was around 12:30 at night and the next morning around 10am I took plan b. I am 19 years old and as much as I love kids, I am not ready for a child. I am very worried about the chances of pregnancy. I was wondering how effective plan b is and how much I should be stressing over this..My boyfriend and I are very very scared and wanted to try to find an answer of how worried we should be. Any information is helpful, thanks!

Anonymous

The fact you had your last period 2 or 3 days before, i doubt you were ovulating. Plan B, When taken within the 24 hrs it's up 95% effective.

Daisy

Anonymous

Welcome to EmpowHER.  First you should know when was the last day of your menstrual cyle and if you were in the ovulation period.  A women usually ovulates between day 11-21 of a cycle. Also, The sooner you take Plan B, the better it works.

Daisy

I had gotten of my period 2 or 3 days before..I took it at 10 the next morning

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: