how to lighten sensitive areas?

By November 4, 2013 - 4:24am

I am looking for a safe and fast way to lighten my sensitive areas (under arms, bikini area and between my thighs) I feel they are a bit darker that my original skin color.
Any suggestions or advice?

Hi Beesa,

Oftentimes, frequently shaving the bikini area and underarms can cause the skin to darken, especially if you’re prone to ingrown hairs and nicks, which can leave the skin sensitive and result in scarring or hyperpigmentation. 

Chemicals can also darken your skin, like deodorant/antiperspirant. Using a all natural deodorant might be helpful.

Hi Beesa,

Welcome to EmpowHER and thanks for your question.  There are many brands of gels and creams that can help in lightening the hairs on the armpits and bikini area, for woman who choose not to shave these areas. You can find them at your local pharmacy store. But, it's important to test it first in a smaller area, just to make sure you don't develop an allergic reaction to it. But, if you are talking about lightening your skin tone, then you will need to discuss this with a Dermatologist.  Hope this was helpful?

(reply to Anonymous)

Thanks Daisy
Are gels and creams are the only solution?
I heard there are natural products that I can mix together to lighten up those areas?? any idea about that and will they be effective and give fast results?

Beauty Guide