How long should you wait to take a pregnancy test after quitting the pill?

I know the pill can really mess up your cycles, but when should you really expect to be able to test after quitting the pill? It is hard to know if your period is just late or if you really are pregnant. I am trying to get pregnant, but don't know what to expect with my body after being on the pill. I have no idea what my cycles will be like. Thanks.

The Pill actually regulates your cycles, rather than messes them up.

Once off the Pill, it can take 1-3 months for your natural cycle to regulate itself (if it's regular to begin with) but a woman can get pregnant right after she stops taking the pill - literally within a week. But it can take longer for others. In general, a woman has about a 20-25% chance of getting pregnant after she has unprotected sex.

You can start trying to get pregnant anytime and if you don't get your period within about four weeks of coming off the Pill you can test for pregnancy. But like any woman trying to get pregnant - give yourself plenty of time.For couples with no fertility issues, it can take up to a year to get pregnant although it happens a lot sooner for many.