HPV Question, No websites have this answered

By May 4, 2012 - 11:30am

I was just told that I have HPV & I understand that in about 90% of cases the virus will "go away" BUT they also say that the virus will always be in your body. So my question is, after having many tests come up negative & it has been said that it has gone away, can you still infect your sexual partner?

Hi xmarielise

The short answer is yes, you can possibly transmit the virus to someone else in your lifetime, even though HPV for most people will be "dormant" in their system. Since there is no cure, it can rear it's head again, even years later.

This thread will give you lots of information from the moderators and experts : http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/can-hpv-go-away-its-own?page=8

Thanks for writing!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide