Hello, I am 37 years old I am very stressed out because my gynecologist recommend a bladder lift and hysterectomy. I went to have two other opinions with different gynecologist and they told me that my uterus was still up high. So, I was just going to have the bladder lift. Before my surgery something happened, I started with a vaginal bleeding that lasted 34 days because at first I didn't want it to take the birth control pills. They gave me the hormone pill but it made me have mood swings. So, I started taking the birth control pills and my bleeding got regulate. So, I don't know if I should have the uterus and cervix removed because know I feel confused. I got scared and I don't know if I am going to need the birth control pill to continued regulating my bleeding. They told me that it was a hormonal imbalance. Please help me I don't know what to do. Thanks

Thanks for your post - I think we helped you on this issue recently?

Women don't have hysterectomies because of a hormonal imbalance, unless there is something serious going on. A hysterectomy is a serious thing - is it a full or partial? 

A full hysterectomy will put you straight into menopause at age 37 - a partial will not. If there is no need to do a hysterectomy - don't. If your birth control is working to regulate you, that might be a better plan. 

But we can't recommend a decision or choice to you, Anon.  We're not in that position. I'm sorry you have to make this decision with all your confusion. Just remember that you can't put anything back in - once it's gone, it's gone. So take you time.