ask: I accidentally took two active birth control pills during placebo week. What should I do?

By Chrissy Kim

I spaced out and thought I forgot to start a new pack of Ortho Tri-Cyclen pills on Sunday. Actually, this week is supposed to be my placebo week when I'm supposed to get my period. I usually get my period Tuesday/early Wednesday morning. As a result of thinking that I forgot to start my new pack, I took two pills early Tuesday morning. I take my pill every day at noon. What should I do? Should I continue taking the pill today at noon and finish my pack? Will I skip my period? Should I throw this pack away (I really don't want to waste a pack, though)? I'm not sure what I should do. Thank you!

Anonymous

Hi Chrissy Kim,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  You need to discuss with your doctor, on how you should take any medications.

Daisy

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: