I am 19. In 10 years will my fertility have decreased significantly?

By March 25, 2013 - 12:29pm

Would I have a better chance of concieving at 24-25? Also, I used to have chlamydia, but got it treated & I no longer have it. I have no idea how long I had it, so could my reproductive health be damaged from that? I'm terrified for my future in regards to having children, I really want a kid(s) someday.
I don't have any unusual symptoms , and never really have - aside from some abdominal cramps when having a heavy period. But birth control has helped dramatically with that.

Hi devilcupcakes

The peak age of fertility is generally considered around 24-26 years but there are no really significant changes in an otherwise healthy woman until about age 35.

If your STD was treated then it should not present a problem with your fertility, just make sure to always use condoms until you are ready to get pregnant, to avoid any more infections.

At 19, you should be terrified about the ability to have children. You have a lot of life to live first! For most women it's a normal process that should happen without event, but some women deal with infertility - that will be something to consider if you do not get pregnant within a year, if under the age of 35.

Take your time and have your babies when you are in a good position to be a parent. In the meantime, live a good and healthy life!

For more on chlamydia, click here:  http://www.empowher.com/sexual-well-being/content/chlamydia-get-facts

Female Infertility, Overview