Calf Strain

Calf Strain Guide

ask: I am having pain in my left calve. Sometime the pain starts in my left butt cheek and shoots down my entire leg. The pain has been coming and going for about 3 months. the most severe pain is in my left calve. What could it be? I am 42 and 7 1/2 years

ago developed blood ctots in the left leg after having a c-section.

Hi,
I will not venture to make a diagnosis, but the fact that you had blood clots in your left leg following a C-section is a clue. I, too, experienced deep vein thrombosis or DVT, which is the formation of blood clots most often in the large veins of the legs and thighs, following major surgery. I suspect you might be experiencing this again. Cigarette smoking, obesity, taking estrogen or birth control increase the risk for DVT. To be safe, call your doctor and make an appointment to be seen. A venous doppler study can be performed to determine if blood clots are the cause of your pain. Please keep us posted.