Relationships & Family

Relationships & Family Guide

Cary Cook BSN RN

ask: I am married, i try 2 years to get a baby, no baby, i just found out recently that my husband sperm is not enough, not good, my FSH is 3.18, i am worry if i am going to have a child one day.

By CHANOU

I am married more than two years, i am try for a baby no baby, i just do my HSG i found out that my right tube is blocked, and my husband go for a spermogramm his sperm is not enough and is not motile, not good quality. i Went for a FSH just to see if i still ovulate, my FSH result present 3.18. I am worry with the situation, i will be pregnant and carry a baby one day. Please i will like to share other people experience.

Chanou

Thanks for sharing your story with us and I hope that women going through the same thing can indeed share their experiences with you.

Your FSH levels seem good and you can get pregnant with one good fallopian tube.

Has your husband talked to his doctor about his low sperm count? He may have ways to improve his sperm count, but obviously there are no guarantees. If he smokes, he should stop. Is he able to do anything about his situation, do you know?

Would you and your husband consider using a sperm donor?

You can also consider adoption. An adopted baby is the same as any other baby minus the DNA. Personally I've never put a lot of stock into DNA but I know for some, it's very important to have a biological child and that's ok!

Just remember that you have options and you certainly aren't alone. Do let us know what you (and especially your husband) decide on or how we can help you further. We wish you the very best!

Are you confident about your smile?: