i got off birth control and my period still hasnt come

Ive been having inconsistent periods for the past 8 mos. Ive switched birth controls 4 times.I recently stopped taking birth control because a doctor said by taking birth control 7 days and then stopping,you'd get your period but that hasn't happened.

After getting off birth control after 8-10 years I first spotted lightly for the first months then I completely stopped for half a year. I thought something was wrong with me. Just because your menestration stops does not mean that your ovulation stops. Half a year later my husband and I tried for kids and I'm a month pregnant now.

I am wondering if your doctor wants to see WHY your periods are irregular - is it because of birth control, or something else?

As Alison asked-

Are you underweight?
How is your diet?
Do you over-exercise?
Do you have other medical conditions like PCOS?

Have you taken these 4 different types of birth control in the past 8 months or over a longer period?

If you can fill in some of the gaps, we'd be happy to help you out more, we hope to hear from you!

Many women switch birth control numerous times during their life, as new brands are advertised, new formulas are created, etc. We're lucky to have so many to choose from, but it's also frustrating to keep trying new BCP until we find the one that is the right fit for us. Has your doctor talked with you about other types of hormonal contraception, including the ring (Nuvaring) or shot (Depoprovera?)

Why does your doctor want you to have a period? Did your doctor explain that when you are on birth control, you don't actually have a "period", but what women experience during the 7 days of "inactive pills" in a 28-day cycle is withdrawal bleeding from the hormones; not an actual period. There are new BCP out now, where women do not have periods but once every 3 months or fewer. So, again, that is why I'm asking such a strange question: why does your doctor WANT you to have a period? Is it medically necessary for you to have a period? Has your doctor ruled out other reasons that you have not menstruated (is there a chance you are pregnant? Do you have enough body fat? Are you taking any other medications?)

How long have you been off of your BCP, after taking 7 pills?

I hope to hear back from you soon, and I can research information that can help.