ask: I had unprotected sex a few days before last months period. Now Im late

I had unprotected sex a few days before last months period. I had my period as normal and it started on the 6th July, however it was lighter than usual and only lasted a few days. It is now the 11th August and i still havent come on my period, having said this my periods are quite irregular. I know its unlikely to become pregnant as you are most fertile 14 days into your cycle, however I am still worried as my periods are so irregular. Please help me by giving me your thoughts.

Anonymous

Okay, so I was on a zpack January 5th-9th and still taking my birth control. I then had sex on January 12th and 13th. My period came on January 14th and lasted until January 18th. I then started another antibiotic on January 21st and ended on the 26th. On January 28th I found a little bit of blood which is abnormal for me. I have been feeling fine, I did have a few sharp pains in my upper right side. I also have had a cyst on my ovary in the past. I am just a bit worried that I may be pregnant.

Anonymous

hi, I had sex a day before my period, he didn't cum in me and now my period is 2 days late. I used a tampon in preparation and saw brownish spot but nothing is coming out yet. I'm I pregnant?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No, I do not think you are pregnant because by having sex on the day before your period was due to start, you had already ovulated. There was no egg to fertilize even if your partner had ejaculated.

The brown spotting was old blood left from your last period. It is common to have brown spotting just before your period starts.

Regards,

Anonymous

hi
i had unprotected sex with my bf, on jan 3rd actually my periods should start on that day only but after 3 days means jan 6th i took pregnancy test it was negative and on jan 6 i got my period also as normal is there any chance to get pregnancy?

You got your period, so you are not pregnant.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

thanq mam
but mam i heard some womens gets period for 1st month next will stop is that true

Anonymous

Hello I had protected sex, then after he finished he dried and went it without a condom for a couple of seconds this was yesterday, Can you get pregnant right before your period? My period normally starts around now latest the 27th can I get pregnant? What happens if it doesn't start? Can the plan -b pill delay your period?

You are most likely to become pregnant when you have unprotected sex during ovulation. Generally, ovulation occurs mid cycle about 14 days before the start of a period in a 28 day menstrual cycle.

If your period is late by at least seven days, take a home pregnancy test.

If you took Plan B and have not had any vaginal bleeding within three weeks of taking it, take a home pregnancy test.

Regards,

Anonymous

i had sex a few day before my period like 28th or 29 of nov , my period came in dec but i dont remember the date it was like 6th of dec or 9th of dec or 11th of dec
my periods was heavy till 3 days and on 4th lighter normally my periods cycle last for 4 to 5 days but till now my periods didnt come yet am worried am i pergnant
and i always had unprotected sex and i had that satuation many times but not that late am so worried i cant even go to doctor due to family oh god help me plz any advice
Regards laila

Hello Iaila,

If you have had unprotected sex frequently since your last period in early December, it is possible that you could be pregnant.

Since it is almost the end of January, I suggest you take a home pregnancy test. For the most accurate result, test with the first urine of the day, when you first wake up in the morning.

Regards,