Wellness

ask: I had unprotected sex a few days before last months period. Now Im late

I had unprotected sex a few days before last months period. I had my period as normal and it started on the 6th July, however it was lighter than usual and only lasted a few days. It is now the 11th August and i still havent come on my period, having said this my periods are quite irregular. I know its unlikely to become pregnant as you are most fertile 14 days into your cycle, however I am still worried as my periods are so irregular. Please help me by giving me your thoughts.

Anonymous

Hi, I had unprotected sex the day before my period was due & now it is 8 days late. I have been discharging white, but I'm not sure if I was ovulating or not. Could I be pregnant? Should I wait to take a pregnancy test?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It is not too early to take a test.

Good luck to you,

kailaniro

Hi. I had unprotected sex like 2 to 3 days before my menstrual period and i had some clear mucous discharge like the day before... my last period was june 11th 2012 and its now the 17th of july. The day after i was suppose to start my period i wiped myself n seen the clear mucous again but with a trace of blood, i went to the doctor and i took a pregnancy test n i tested negative so i got birth control n i put the nuva ring in the same day. i was sure i was going to start, but i didnt. im having some diarrhea problems n i been having cramps almost everyday n i keep thinking ok a my periods coming but it doesnt... i been pretty sluggish lately but that's normal during my period. can someone please help me.

Anonymous

I have a question. I had unprotected sex 4 days before my period was supposed to be due and now my period is 2 days late could I be pregnant? I am normally pretty regular so it is very unusual for me to be late on my period. I am just confused because it is way after ovulation should have occurred. I took a pregnancy test today and it said negative could it be too soon? We already have a 2 year old so I would be happy if we are. Pls help! Thx!

Anonymous

I only just realized that I had unprotected sex 5 times in 4 days and twice on my ovulation day!!! That was last week, I was am maybe still am... Constipated. I have been starving the past 2 days now and which is really un usual for me. My periods aren't due for another week. Oh and I'm horny all the time !!????
Has anyone experienced this in early pregnancy before???

Christine Jeffries (reply to Anonymous)

Hi anonymous,
If you just had sex last week it would be too soon to tell if you have gotten pregnant. It usually takes 10-14 days following sexual intercourse for a fertilized egg to implant in the uterus and start generating pregnancy hormones that would be detectable by a home pregnancy test. At that time you may start experiencing pregnancy symptoms, but the funny thing is that many times pregnancy hormones are very similar to normal menstrual symptoms. Are you trying to get pregnant? For the best accuracy, if you miss your period next week, you can take a home pregnancy test or request one from your doctor's office.
Here are a couple articles to review:
For more information, please review this article: Answers for Women: Am I Pregnant After Unprotected Sex?, and Am I Pregnant? Myths and Facts About Sex
Good luck.

Anonymous

im on "the patch" its similar to "the pill" but instead of taking it every day i use it once a week, but out of the month you only use the patch for 3 weeks, my question is, what happens if i have sex during my week off the patch? does the patch no longer work for that week?
x

Anonymous

had my period in july sometime around the 15th, and i had sex usin the pull out technique....(stupid i know)....i went to the doctors on the 8th of september n the test was negative...i had some brown discharge the last few days but nothin like how my period should be and it is always regular til now...i started the pill asumin the brown discharge was my period... very confused...what has happened to my cycle?

Hi Anonymous

Thanks for your post! Brown blood is usually indicative of old blood (meaning not a fresh period) but if it lasted several days and you are negative for pregnancy then it may have simply been a shorter and darker period that normal, for no discernible reason.

It sounds like you were about two months late before this brown period you just had. By starting the pill when you did (which was really your only option) you will hopefully regulate. Have you always been irregular? Also, can you tell me if your doctor approved starting the Pill when you did?

I hope to hear back from you soon!

thanks for replyin...ya 2 months late before the brown/dark blood but that only lasted a few days. i was on the pill for 8 years and decided to give it a break so have been off it for 6ish months. i then met a guy and decided to go back on the pill. i went to the docs and they done a test which was neg and i also got the mornin after pill and the cntraceptive pill. the doc was happy to give it to me...my periods have always bee regular, im 25 yrs old

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: