Wellness

ask: I had unprotected sex a few days before last months period. Now Im late

I had unprotected sex a few days before last months period. I had my period as normal and it started on the 6th July, however it was lighter than usual and only lasted a few days. It is now the 11th August and i still havent come on my period, having said this my periods are quite irregular. I know its unlikely to become pregnant as you are most fertile 14 days into your cycle, however I am still worried as my periods are so irregular. Please help me by giving me your thoughts.

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex multiple times before my last period.
I did start a period June 25, but it was extremely light and lasted 2 days.
I'm suppose to be starting my period today, but I haven't. And there is no sign of my period coming either .....
Could I be pregnant ?

Anonymous

Hi, I had unprotected sex the day before my period was due & now it is 8 days late. I have been discharging white, but I'm not sure if I was ovulating or not. Could I be pregnant? Should I wait to take a pregnancy test?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It is not too early to take a test.

Good luck to you,

Can you give me more information?

I'm not sure about what information I can give! 

Unprotected sex causes pregnancy - having sex right before your period is possibly the safest time but if your period is very late (and you still don't have it) take a test. 

It camcame down this morning but my mom thinks I still can be pregnant. What do you think?

kailaniro

Hi. I had unprotected sex like 2 to 3 days before my menstrual period and i had some clear mucous discharge like the day before... my last period was june 11th 2012 and its now the 17th of july. The day after i was suppose to start my period i wiped myself n seen the clear mucous again but with a trace of blood, i went to the doctor and i took a pregnancy test n i tested negative so i got birth control n i put the nuva ring in the same day. i was sure i was going to start, but i didnt. im having some diarrhea problems n i been having cramps almost everyday n i keep thinking ok a my periods coming but it doesnt... i been pretty sluggish lately but that's normal during my period. can someone please help me.

Anonymous

I have a question. I had unprotected sex 4 days before my period was supposed to be due and now my period is 2 days late could I be pregnant? I am normally pretty regular so it is very unusual for me to be late on my period. I am just confused because it is way after ovulation should have occurred. I took a pregnancy test today and it said negative could it be too soon? We already have a 2 year old so I would be happy if we are. Pls help! Thx!

Anonymous

I only just realized that I had unprotected sex 5 times in 4 days and twice on my ovulation day!!! That was last week, I was am maybe still am... Constipated. I have been starving the past 2 days now and which is really un usual for me. My periods aren't due for another week. Oh and I'm horny all the time !!????
Has anyone experienced this in early pregnancy before???

Christine Jeffries (reply to Anonymous)

Hi anonymous,
If you just had sex last week it would be too soon to tell if you have gotten pregnant. It usually takes 10-14 days following sexual intercourse for a fertilized egg to implant in the uterus and start generating pregnancy hormones that would be detectable by a home pregnancy test. At that time you may start experiencing pregnancy symptoms, but the funny thing is that many times pregnancy hormones are very similar to normal menstrual symptoms. Are you trying to get pregnant? For the best accuracy, if you miss your period next week, you can take a home pregnancy test or request one from your doctor's office.
Here are a couple articles to review:
For more information, please review this article: Answers for Women: Am I Pregnant After Unprotected Sex?, and Am I Pregnant? Myths and Facts About Sex
Good luck.

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: