I have a black mole appear out of nowhere

By June 2, 2014 - 9:04pm

I'm almost 18 and fairly tan. A couple months ago I had this mole show up on the inner of my thigh. I'm not sure on the size, it's not really big but it's really noticeable. I have a few other mole but they are all small, light brown and you almost couldn't notice them, which is why this one worries me so much. However, the size and color has remained the same since spotting it, but it pops out. Like a bump and all of my other moles don't. I hate hospitals and try to avoid them as much as possible, but wanting advice on what it may be, if it could be serious, and if I should just go. Thank you in advance!

Hi courtann1

Thanks for posting! 

This is something that you do need to have checked. 

New moles (especially if you are exposed to the sun or you tan your skin) always need to be checked to make sure that they are not potentially cancerous. 

Skin cancer is on the rise. Have this seen by your doctor and have the rest of your moles checked too, just to be sure. Doctors and hospitals can seem a little scary but they are here to get and keep you well. A checkup could make a huge difference. 

Will you put a call into your doctor?