I have a feeling of lump in throat accompinied by alot of redness and white spots i went to doctor and is not strep what else could it possibly be??

By Anonymous January 12, 2012 - 8:40am

I'm surprised that your doctor let you go after a negative strep test without looking into what else it could be. What did he/see say to you?

While your symptoms are very similar to strep, you could have tonsillitis, a "regular" sore throat or a virus that is causing these symptoms.

If you are a smoker or exposed to second hand smoke, it could be smoking related which absolutely needs a full examination.

Please call your doctor for further advice - you may need medication to clear this up.

my throat doesn't hurt either and also my doctor is waiting on my throat culture ro come back. He gave me a high dose of an antibiotic before i left that day too.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Sweetheart95)

Thanks for the update, that's good to know. It's probably (hopefully) just a nasty infection that will be quickly cleared up.

Feel better soon!

ya probly say check back with me in a week i should have my results in by then i will let you know my results!