I have a few questions pertaining to possible pregnancy.

By June 4, 2015 - 3:50pm

Before I get started I just want to get some background info in. When I first started getting periods (7-8 years ago) I would skip a month every now and again. When I got on birth control it was regular. May of 2014 I stopped taking my pills and then December into January my periods started becoming irregular again well I didn't get my period the month of May and I am currently 2 weeks late. I planned on waiting to see if I get it in June and if not then I planned on taking a HPT.

Question 1: is it ok to wait that long?
In the past 2 weeks 2 kids I barely know (neither for more than 3 weeks) have asked me if I was pregnant or if I was having a baby.
Question 2: Can kids sense if a woman is pregant before showing or she knows?
If I were pregnant, I would be about 3 weeks pregnant. This past weekend I started feeling nauseous, dizzy, and hard of breathing. Are these signs? Please try to answer these to the best of your ability. Again I'm looking for opinions.

Hi DrivenCrazyStepmom

Thank you for contacting us!

We have answered many "am I pregnant" questions from you in the past year and always do so to the best our ability, as with all questions posted here. 

1. There is nothing wrong with waiting but if you are two weeks late, then you should test now. Testing later won't make a difference.

2. Kids don't have any extra sensory perception in these matters. Or not that I have heard of.

3. Pregnancy has many symptoms but you'd be very early on. Nausea is one of them. Being hard of breathing should only happen in heavy pregnancy (and only if the woman has been exerting herself a bit. ) There should not really be dizziness unless, perhaps, you are low in iron.

I suggest if you don't get pregnant in the next few months you work along with your doctor to discuss your pregnancy issues so you can see some resolution.